Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
ratkity
Enthusiast
ratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five words

Device: Old Sony, Kindle 3G, Kindle Fire
A Browser That Does All?

I want to use Vevo and Youtube mobile, but am having troubles.

Silk - gives error for youtube mobile saying the site is down for maintenance. Vevo videos are out of sync and the page loads incorrectly (in either landscape or portrait).

Opera mobile - vevo loads and works great, but youtube mobile gives a file error.

Dolphin HD - vevo page loads correctly, but videos stutter and are out of sync (either landscape or portrait or full screen). Youtube mobile videos seem to load fine - no stuttering or skips.

Is there nothing other there that will allow me to do both vevo AND youtube mobile? *hopeful*

The vevo android apk won't load. Neither will the youtube mobile apk.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Ratkity
ratkity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratkity View Post
I want to use Vevo and Youtube mobile, but am having troubles.

Silk - gives error for youtube mobile saying the site is down for maintenance. Vevo videos are out of sync and the page loads incorrectly (in either landscape or portrait).

Opera mobile - vevo loads and works great, but youtube mobile gives a file error.

Dolphin HD - vevo page loads correctly, but videos stutter and are out of sync (either landscape or portrait or full screen). Youtube mobile videos seem to load fine - no stuttering or skips.

Is there nothing other there that will allow me to do both vevo AND youtube mobile? *hopeful*

The vevo android apk won't load. Neither will the youtube mobile apk.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Ratkity
I have YouTube installed without problems. I don't see why the Vevo app wouldn't work.

Edit: Vevo app works fine on my Fire. Make sure you have 3rd party apps allowed to be installed in Settings/Device.

If that doesn't work Restart the Fire and try again.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-07-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
ratkity
Enthusiast
ratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have YouTube installed without problems. I don't see why the Vevo app wouldn't work.

Edit: Vevo app works fine on my Fire. Make sure you have 3rd party apps allowed to be installed in Settings/Device.

If that doesn't work Restart the Fire and try again.
Oiy, I have done that (3rd party apps - check). Restarted (check). Find the vevo apk and used Dropbox to add. Not installed. No clue as to why both youtube and vevo apk won't load. The youtube apk just force closes.

Do I have gremlins? LOL.

Thanks for the suggestions.. will keep working at it.
Ratkity
Old 12-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oiy, I have done that (3rd party apps - check). Restarted (check). Find the vevo apk and used Dropbox to add. Not installed. No clue as to why both youtube and vevo apk won't load. The youtube apk just force closes.

Do I have gremlins? LOL.

Thanks for the suggestions.. will keep working at it.
Ratkity

Maybe it's your apk files? I got mine from 1Mobile
Old 12-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
ratkity
Enthusiast

Quote:
Maybe it's your apk files? I got mine from 1Mobile
Ok.. I got Mobile1 and tried it and it worked! Perhaps it was the apk files themselves.

Thanks!
Ratkity
Old 12-07-2011, 03:55 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Ok.. I got Mobile1 and tried it and it worked! Perhaps it was the apk files themselves.

Thanks!
Ratkity
If the apk file was made for a certain device this can definitely cause it not to work. Or it could be they were corrupted or The wrong version.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:04 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I just wanted to give you a heads up that Vevo app seems to suck more battery even when it's not in use. I installed to test it and notice later that night my battery was down by 25% so keep an eye on it.

I uninstalled and restarted the Fire and it's acting like it should again.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:12 PM   #8
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
A little off topic, but can you log into your existing YouTube account on your Fire, or create a new one with the app? When I try to add an account I get a "There was a problem authenticating" error.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
A little off topic, but can you log into your existing YouTube account on your Fire, or create a new one with the app? When I try to add an account I get a "There was a problem authenticating" error.
No that part of the app doesn't work with the Fire unless rooted I guess. it uses Google sync but you can still play videos with it.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #10
ratkity
Enthusiast

Quote:
I just wanted to give you a heads up that Vevo app seems to suck more battery even when it's not in use. I installed to test it and notice later that night my battery was down by 25% so keep an eye on it.

I uninstalled and restarted the Fire and it's acting like it should again.
I played with Vevo a lot, so I ignored how much battery I was using since I was having so much fun. I will keep an eye on it. Perhaps I should get a battery minder. I did get the WiFi switch for my notification bar and love it!

Thanks for the heads up!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 12-09-2011, 10:09 AM   #11
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
If you Root and add GoogleFramework than you can login to your existing account
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #12
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No that part of the app doesn't work with the Fire unless rooted I guess. it uses Google sync but you can still play videos with it.
Thanks, that's what I figured was going on, but I thought I might have missed something. Ahh well, there's probably not much chance of a fix or a Kindle Fire version from Google either, nerts.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:53 PM   #13
carld
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
If you Root and add GoogleFramework than you can login to your existing account
Thanks, I've considered it. Maybe when my month of Prime is over I'll give it a try.