Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-22-2021, 12:34 PM   #16
harmtemolder
Enthusiast
harmtemolder began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Release v0.2.2-alpha

• Added support for Kindle Keyboard (and possibly other Kindle devices that use the `KINDLE2` driver).
  • Unfortunately cannot get `MTP_DEVICE` to work without changes to calibre itself.
harmtemolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 12:40 PM   #17
snowplums
snowplums began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H20
Hi, thanks for creating such a wonderful plugin!

I was playing around with it and I noticed that for the Reading Status column, it gets populated with both "complete" and "abandoned", but somehow "reading" doesn't seem to pop up. I tried going forward/backwards a few pages/chapters, connect/run sync/disconnect a few times from Calibre, but nothing happens. But if I go into the book in my Kobo and change the status from "Reading" to "Finished" and back to "Reading", when I next connect to Calibre and run the sync, "reading" pops up properly in the Reading Status column. Am I missing something?

I'm running v0.2.2 on Calibre 5.23.
snowplums is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2021, 07:47 AM   #18
harmtemolder
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowplums View Post
Hi, thanks for creating such a wonderful plugin!
You’re very welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowplums View Post
I was playing around with it and ... Am I missing something?
Hm, that’s weird. Sounds like something in KOReader’s metadata isn’t updated the first time around, but I’ll have to check. I’m working on something else at the moment, but it’s on my todo list, so next time I’m working on this plugin I’ll test this behavior. Thanks for reporting it.
Old 10-02-2021, 09:23 AM   #19
Hyphen-ated
-
Hyphen-ated began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thanks for making this.
I use the "User Defined" plugin for communicating with my Kobo Forma, because the kobo plugin seems unable to detect books on the device when I place them in a custom location.
When I tried to use KOReader Sync, it complained about being unfamiliar with the USER_DEFINED device. I edited action.py to add 'USER_DEFINED' to the supported_devices list and that seems to work fine.

---

I would like this plugin to run automatically every time I connect my device, so I can just forget about it and have my stuff synced all the time. Is there an easy way to make that happen? (In such a setup I'd also like it to not pop up a modal dialog about the results that I'd have to close, as it does right now when I run it manually. "You have not opened every book in KOReader yet" is not an error condition that I need to be notified about)
Hyphen-ated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 06:21 PM   #20
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I doubt that the Kobo plugin has a problem because of non standard location. Rather it will only find books that have been processed by Kobo's standard reading software which will have added them to the Kobo database, which is what the Kobo device driver uses to detect books.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2021, 07:10 PM   #21
Hyphen-ated
-
Hyphen-ated began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I doubt that the Kobo plugin has a problem because of non standard location. Rather it will only find books that have been processed by Kobo's standard reading software which will have added them to the Kobo database, which is what the Kobo device driver uses to detect books.
Ah, you're right, thanks. I wasn't closing KOReader and re-plugging and unplugging the reader to trigger Nickel to do a reindex. I have no other use for Nickel, so this is actually an annoying tedious process that I'd rather not have to do. "User Defined" is still superior for my use case as far as I can tell. So it'd be nice if this plugin supported it out of the box.
Hyphen-ated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 08:24 AM   #22
harmtemolder
Enthusiast

Released v0.2.3-alpha with added support for Kobo Libra H2O (KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED) and quite possibly other Kobo devices using the same driver
Old 11-23-2021, 11:31 AM   #23
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra 2
I'm considering a Kobo reader, but I'd like to be able to save/sync notes and highlights at least with a PC. Can you show me what format are the saved notes/bookmarks in, i.e. if I open them in Calibre, what would I see?
Buhaj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 09:00 PM   #24
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Silly question, would it work with KOReader for Android?
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 01:21 AM   #25
harmtemolder
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhaj47 View Post
I'm considering a Kobo reader, but I'd like to be able to save/sync notes and highlights at least with a PC. Can you show me what format are the saved notes/bookmarks in, i.e. if I open them in Calibre, what would I see?
Currently they're saved as a list in a custom text field with metadata in an HTML comment, like so:

Calibre has since released new highlight functionality, but I currently don't have the capacity to rewrite the plugin to store the highlights there.

Another option, if you don't want to use Calibre: I have written a Python script that retrieves your bookmarks from KOReader's SSH server and stores them as Markdown: https://git.sr.ht/~harmtemolder/koreader-to-markdown

Last edited by harmtemolder; 11-26-2021 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-26-2021, 01:25 AM   #26
harmtemolder
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Silly question, would it work with KOReader for Android?
I think that depends on how you connect the device. Calibre has all kinds of built-in device drivers, and one of the ones used by Android (MTP_DEVICE) didn't work (see #2). The plugin will tell you if your device is unsupported when you sync, and which driver it tried to use. If it's something other than MTP_DEVICE we'll test together to see if we can add support for your device.
Old 12-08-2021, 06:09 AM   #27
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra 2
Will the plugin work with books in hidden folders on Kobo (starting with ".")?
Buhaj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 06:07 AM   #28
Minim
Minim began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Thank you for this plugin, it is really helpful.

I have an Tolino Vision 4 HD. Although it is recognized by Calibre as a Tolino Epos, I encountered no problems with Calibre.

After adding "TOLINO" to supported_devices in actions.py, syncing "Reading Status Column" and "Percent Read Column (int)" works without any problems. I have not tried other columns.

Calibre 5.33.2
Koreader 2021.11
Minim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 01:27 AM   #29
harmtemolder
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhaj47 View Post
Will the plugin work with books in hidden folders on Kobo (starting with ".")?
It should: It uses the paths to files as they are stored in calibre. So if calibre is set to import your books to a hidden folder on your device that should be fine.

Quote:
After adding "TOLINO" to supported_devices in actions.py, syncing "Reading Status Column" and "Percent Read Column (int)" works without any problems. I have not tried other columns.
Thanks for testing, I've added `TOLINO` to the v0.2.4-alpha release.
Old 12-20-2021, 04:19 AM   #30
harmtemolder
Enthusiast

Release v0.2.5-alpha adds support for the POCKETBOOK626 driver (tested on a Pocketbook PB628)

Tags
calibre, koreader