Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-18-2010, 03:21 AM   #1
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Question Collections disappeared

Yesterday, after a reboot because my Kindle got stuck at searching for an author, all my collections disappeared.
The word ' collections' grayed out.
I do have a lot of books and had it sorted nicely and am a bit unhappy about it.
Has anybody else experienced the same and what to do?
Do I have to empty my Kindle and replace its contents with the backup (!) I made last week ? Will that work?
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:30 AM   #2
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
happened to me too. Just deregister and reregister it and they will come back, providing you synced after you created them at least once

if that doesn't work then you can replace the .json file in the system folder with one from your back up.

The first option will work if you had wireless on after you created them though
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 04:35 AM   #3
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you; has it also synchronised the books in the collection I didn't buy at Amazon?
Old 09-18-2010, 05:24 AM   #4
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
yes, stores all collection info
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:47 AM   #5
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyd View Post
happened to me too. Just deregister and reregister it and they will come back, providing you synced after you created them at least once

if that doesn't work then you can replace the .json file in the system folder with one from your back up.

The first option will work if you had wireless on after you created them though
Thank you Babyd; my collections are back to almost normal. Thank heaven I did a backup yesterday, before I loaded some more books.
I copied the whole folder 'system' from my backup to the Kindle, as copying the .json file alone didn't work for me. My ' fault' was that I started sorting my books right after I had loaded 75 books. From experience = let the Kindle rest a bit after loading a lot of books, so it can index , and load it, I should have known better.

Last edited by desertblues; 09-18-2010 at 05:48 AM. Reason: grammar, grammar, grammar
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 06:29 AM   #6
cyr0n
cyr0n knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'cyr0n knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'cyr0n knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'cyr0n knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'cyr0n knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'cyr0n knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'cyr0n knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'cyr0n knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'cyr0n knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'cyr0n knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'cyr0n knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle DXG
When my

collections disappeared recently, I just rebooted the Kindle and everything was where it belonged. pheeewww

Maybe it's a good idea to back up the system folder on a regular basis though. With more then 500 books it is quite a heck of work.
cyr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:38 AM   #7
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyr0n View Post
collections disappeared recently, I just rebooted the Kindle and everything was where it belonged. pheeewww

Maybe it's a good idea to back up the system folder on a regular basis though. With more then 500 books it is quite a heck of work.
I tend to go sloppy on backing up, but losing my collections the other day was a good reminder.