Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-26-2021, 10:45 PM   #1
mark_e_h
Connoisseur
mark_e_h began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/IpadMini
Using CalibreCompanion->Kindle reader on iPad - help requested..

I'm trying to get CalibreCompanion to work on my iPad.

CC can see my Calibre library on Dropbox. I can download a book (everything in .mobi format) in CC. Not really sure where download is landing.

Things stop working when I try to stuff the book into my Kindle. When I push "read" in CC, then select Kindle, I get "Incompatible Document Type".

Anyone have a way to get the book into the iPad Kindle Reader??

Thx for any help

mark_e_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 05:57 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Moved to Calibre Companion forum
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2021, 10:57 AM   #3
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Use the "Send to Kindle" email address that was assigned to the iPad Kindle app.

CC has been abandoned by the most recent developers.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 03:04 PM   #4
datostar
Enthusiast
datostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
The Apple Books App handles .epubs very well and Calibre does a good job of converting .mobi to .epub. CC and Apple Books work well together so if you don't fancy using the Content Server and want to keep using CC, which despite its abandonment still works well, that's an alternative option.
datostar is offline   Reply With Quote