Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 09:25 AM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
"Could not load Pojy SDK" error on Anjuta

IĄm tryingo to configure an environment to develop for the DR1000S. I've followed iRex instructions but using Ubuntu Karmic Koala.

I've got all things working (QEMU, compiling the sample program, etc.) but I cannot enable Poky plugin into Anjuta because I got the error:

"Could not load Poky SDK
This usually means that your installation is corrupted. The error message leading to this was:
libanjuta-egg.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I've searched for that libary (libanjuta-egg) but I could not find anything about it. It only appears in some code repositories.

I've installed all poky and Anjuta stuff in my linux but still no success.

-poky-scrips 7hardy1
-poky-depends 7hardi1
-anjuta-plugin-sdk 0.5-1hardy1
-anjuta-plugin-sdk-dbg 05-1hardy1
-anjuta 2.2.28
-anjuta-dev 2.2.80

and all asked dependencies...
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:07 AM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
If you're using a more recent version of Anjuta than that version of Porky is expecting, you might have a newer library. See if there are any libanjuta-egg.so libraries on your box. Maybe something like libanjuta-egg.so.1 libanjuta-egg.so.2... etc.

One thing I've done in the past, is to link an older version to the newer one when I run into this. It's not the smartest thing in the world to do because you're assuming that the library is backwards compatible (which it may not be). But if I've got an application that is looking for a specific version and I have a newer one installed, I'll make a link with the older name that points to the newer one. Most of the time this will make the application happy and let it run.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I've searched for any "egg" in my distro, and as generic name "libanjuta-egg*" with no success.

BTW I've downloade the dev image here and I've copied libanjuta-egg and so and now I have dependencies problems.

I'm going to install anjuta and sdk from source code instead of form ubuntu repositories... Perhaps this will help.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:40 AM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
I'm going to install anjuta and sdk from source code instead of form ubuntu repositories... Perhaps this will help.
It might, I'm not sure. I know the documentation from iRex for the development environment is very specific about the version of Ubuntu that you use, and warn that it's not compatible yet with newer versions. I don't know if that has anything to do with the problems you're having, or if it's just related to the Anjuta environment.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:59 AM   #5
rfog
Guru

Until now it seems a problem related to anjuta and poky sdk plugin.

Now I've installed Anjuta from Ubuntu repositories and I'm anjuta-extras from source and all went ok.

I'm having trouble compiling Anjuta Poky SDK. Plugin.c includes <libgnomevfs/gnome-vfs.h> but gnme-vfs.h is in gnmoe-vfs-module-2 instado of libgnomevfs folder in include folders.

It seems Poky SDK is expecting gnome-vfs 1 instead of 2...

Last edited by rfog; 01-19-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Advert
Old 01-19-2010, 11:13 AM   #6
rfog
Guru

I need to tell configure script that some headers are in /usr/include/gnome-vfs-2.0/ but I do not know how to do it...
Old 01-19-2010, 01:06 PM   #7
rfog
Guru

Well, after a bunch of hours... I've got successful.

First I had to copy system headers (/usr/include/gnome-vfs-2.0/gnomevfs to /usr/include/gnomevfs).

Then I've had to modify some source files in anjuta-plugin-sdk-0.5 ... and after messing with source I've had to modify makefile into src folder to add "-lgnomevfs-2" to linker dependencies (I've done in makefile instead of the right place to right generate makefiles with configure script because I do not know where is the right place).

And then I've had more unresolved dependencies I've solved commenting source code because new anjuta libs does not have those dependencies.

And finally I've successfully installed the poky plugin.

Now I can launch QEMU image from Anjuta and deploy and run remote commands. I cannot debug yet because I got an error launching the gdb server, but it is enough for today.

I've called it 0.5.1 version and it is attached.

If you do a make clean or make distclean and you get some unresolved linker, please go to src/makefile, locate LIBANJUTA_LIBS and add "-gnomevfs-2" at the end.
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 anjuta-plugin-sdk-0.5.1.tar.bz2 (480.2 KB, 372 views)
Old 01-20-2010, 02:32 AM   #8
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Hi rfog,

I am using the VMWare image of Adam, so fortunately I did not have the Anjuta problems you have. I also tried using gdb from Anjuta and failed, so, when I need to debug, I use gdb directly from a terminal logged into the emulator. This works ok, if you do not need to debug too much. I am used to working with embedded software, and (unfortunately) print (to stdout or memory buffer) still seems to be one of the most efficient ways to debug code (specially multi-threaded real-time code).

Good to hear that you got your DR development environment up-and-running. I build some experience with the software of the DR, so feel free to ask questions. Are you planning any specific development for the DR?
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:02 AM   #9
rfog
Guru

Thank you for your offering, Mackx.

I did it as a compulsive job, a head to head fight, a classroom exercise, because I tried to do at least 3 times before and I couldn't do it. BTW my Linux development knowings are little but I do not want to lose them.

My original idea was to take advantage of DR1000 making a true ergonomic software design, for example screen is too wide to read one column comfortably. Add multicolumn to Mobipocket reader and/or FBReader.

But those are own fantasies. I'm a seasoned Windows and Embedded C/C++ developer (BTW I'm Microsoft C++ MVP), and sometimes my work does not have enough challenges (most work goes in supporting our products instead of developing them) and I need to think in other stuff. As a hardcore reader I think my best will be to do some in ebook technologies, and that's why I'm here.

My current idea is to do a local client/server architecture based in plugins. Concept is to have a server that will accept ebook opening requirements and then offer it as a sequence of ready bitmaps to be printed on screen (or printer).

This way we have 3 components: a core server with no GUI, independent from screen technologies and other dependencies. One plugin for each ebook format (independent from screen and other dependencies) that will be controlled by the server, and some thin clients gui based on the ebook reader technology (GTK, QT, Framebuffer, X, ...).

Then thin client will pass server device characteristics like usable screen size, color or grey depth and so. Client will ask server to open an ebook. Server will run all plugins try to find a parser for the desired ebook. If found, it will start at the stored position to decode and prepare bitmaps of ready pages based in client information passed to server, that will serve to the thin client to be presented on screen (or printer). Stored position is controlled by the server annotating what is the last image served to client.

More advance stuff is that client will revert a modified/annotated page to server...

But as I said, its only a theoretical job. I do no have time to implement it and surely I will lose interest...
Old 01-21-2010, 09:13 AM   #10
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
That is indeed challenge enough ... seems like a 5 man-year project
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:25 AM   #11
rfog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
That is indeed challenge enough ... seems like a 5 man-year project
Yep.

My main problem is I lose interest very soon. Once I've designed the things -at least in my mind- I lose the interest, or I find another new interesting thing, and so.

I define myself as a bee jumping from flower to flower...
Old 04-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #12
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
I have the same problem using Ubuntu Lucid. I can't get the plugin to compile though. I think it clashes with the version of gnome_vfs I have or something.

It looked in the wrong place for the gnome_vfs header files (/usr/include/libgnomevfs instead of /usr/include/gnome-vfs-2.0/libgnomevfs). When I corrected this (by copying them, probably not the 'correct' way to do this) I got undefined references, like:

plugin.c:430: undefined reference to `gnome_vfs_uri_new'

Does anyone perhaps know which version of gnome_vfs I should use?
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:59 AM   #13
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs View Post
I have the same problem using Ubuntu Lucid. I can't get the plugin to compile though. I think it clashes with the version of gnome_vfs I have or something.

It looked in the wrong place for the gnome_vfs header files (/usr/include/libgnomevfs instead of /usr/include/gnome-vfs-2.0/libgnomevfs). When I corrected this (by copying them, probably not the 'correct' way to do this) I got undefined references, like:

plugin.c:430: undefined reference to `gnome_vfs_uri_new'

Does anyone perhaps know which version of gnome_vfs I should use?
IREX recommended Ubuntu 8.04 as the development environment, so I presume the version on that release would be ok: http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/libgnomevfs2-dev

=> version 2.22.

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:27 AM   #14
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
Thanks Iņigo. Trying to do this via apt gives dependency-errors though, so I'll give this up...
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:41 AM   #15
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs View Post
Thanks Iņigo. Trying to do this via apt gives dependency-errors though, so I'll give this up...
That's one of the reasons they recommend using a virtual machine as the devel env.

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote