Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-18-2012, 03:05 AM   #61
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post

Yes I know, I need help...
Not really. Gadget freaks are perfectly normal people who just happen to have a lot of ... well ... gadgets
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:32 AM   #62
Joshua.P
The Dark Knight
Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You are a cheapskate. You're an IT professional, aren't you? I wouldn't have thought that $80 represented terribly many hours of work for you. Just think of the enormously greater number of hours of enjoyment that such a device would bring you. Balance the time taken to earn the money against the time enjoying the results. For me, it's a simple equation.
Oh no! Name calling! Is that not a violation of your precious "posting guidelines"? Shame on you.
Joshua.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #63
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What do you mean "name calling"? Stating that an professional person who's only willing to spend $20 on a bookreader is a cheapskate is not "name calling"; it's a simple statement of fact.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:45 AM   #64
Joshua.P
The Dark Knight
Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joshua.P ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And calling someone "trolling" a troll is also a statement of a fact, is it not? Or have I got something completely wrong?
Old 05-18-2012, 06:49 AM   #65
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua.P View Post
And calling someone "trolling" a troll is also a statement of a fact, is it not? Or have I got something completely wrong?
It is indeed; it simply happens to be one which our rules specifically prohibit. Complain to Alexander Turcic, the board owner if you don't like it. The Mod Team don't invent the rules - we just enforce them.
Advert
Old 05-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #66
Joshua.P
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The Mod Team don't invent the rules - we just enforce them.
LOL. Stupidest and most conceited thing I have heard all week. Thank-you sir for making my day.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:58 AM   #67
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

You're very welcome. Always happy to help .
Old 05-18-2012, 07:07 AM   #68
Joshua.P
The Dark Knight

Okay, then would you mind editing your earlier post calling jbcohen a cheapskate. You aren't aware of his financial standing and as such shouldn't be commenting on his fiscal matters.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:08 AM   #69
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Please report the post if you consider it to be in violation of the rules. Click the "!" button alongside it.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #70
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
I'm still thinking about the cheapskate idea. Technically, I make enough money to make $80 seem absurdly affordable, but overpriced goods and services have a way of inhaling paychecks. I've often gotten in trouble by not being more of a cheapskate.

Also: the poster to whom you responded is listed as owning a Kindle Fire as well as a K3. I agree it's disconcerting to hear someone talk about wanting to pay "$20 or $30" for a Kindle -- I myself would like to buy the Pittock Mansion for a handful of grapefruit slices -- but perhaps they've only now realized they're on a budget and own a usable e-reader and tablet.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 05-18-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:16 AM   #71
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Guys, we don't discuss moderating decisions in public, and that's an end to it. If you think that a post violates the rules, click the "!" button alongside it. If you're unhappy with the actions of a moderator, please send a PM to the board owner, Alexander Turcic.

Let's have an end to this, please.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:23 AM   #72
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Edited above post to avoid any mention of The Decisions. Please let me know if I've retained any objectionable language.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #73
Joshua.P
The Dark Knight

I wonder if this new kindle will look any different, or just follow the path of the nook?
Old 05-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #74
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

"Form follows function" as the saying goes. The appearance is to a large extent constrained by the functionality. I imagine that, if it exists at all, it will look much the same as the existing Touch.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #75
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua.P View Post
I wonder if this new kindle will look any different, or just follow the path of the nook?
My guess is that it will be the same exact Touch we have now, but with the extra production step of adding the light and the extra software to control it.

In fact, if the report is accurate there is only a $10 or even $0 price increase, I bet the existing Touch will go away.

I don't know if the contrast difference would be enough to justify the logistics behind two very similar models and those that don't want the light could just never turn it on.

Now if the price is more than a $10 difference, then they would probably keep both Touch models.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote