Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-22-2019, 07:45 PM   #46
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Arkite View Post
I’m feeling stymied because I’m alerting members to a problem, that seems like could affect anyone. I understood that it could have been a book indexing problem, though I was skeptical because the same books had never caused a problem before. However, I’ve proven that it is not the collection, since everything I can delete is gone. I’m trying to be helpful to the community while at the same time trying to solve my problem.
The clues I’m given are cryptic. The site is confusing to navigate and have certainty that I have up to date information.
Frankly, I’m doing my best.
MR forum members can't really help much short of making recommendations for troubleshooting possible issues. Ultimately, the firmware is created by Amazon and given that's likely the problem, it's outside the purview of what devs here can fix.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:53 PM   #47
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
- - - - - -

Frankly, I’m doing my best.
We can neither see over your shoulder nor channel into your mind.
If you haven't eliminated a possible lead to the problem by the information already provided, then we have to ask for more information.

Your device is jail broken.
Now gain command line access, your choice:
Install kterm, or
Install ssh, or
Use the ;log runme search bar command to run a scripted command (there are examples posted here).

With access to the command line, type these characters followed by the 'enter' key:
gasgauge-info
The system will reply with a short help message, choose the option to include with the command from that message list.

The command will report your select information on the battery usage and charging system operation.
That is all there is to it.
See below (-xx : discharge, +xx : charge)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gasgauge-info.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	169245  

Last edited by knc1; 01-22-2019 at 10:41 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:47 AM   #48
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KV; PW3 ; PW2 ; k5; KT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
With access to the command line, type these characters followed by the 'enter' key:
gasgauge-info
The system will reply with a short help message, choose the option to include with the command from that message list.

See below (-xx : discharge, +xx : charge)
Thank you
I will look into that.
Sol Arkite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:14 PM   #49
tabascosw
tabascosw began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Quote:
Sounds more like you have a PW4.
What are the first six (only six) characters of the serial number?
Sorry for the late reply, I am pretty sure that it is a PW3, G090G1. I was running firmware 5.9.7 before moving to 5.10.2.
It is running smoothly now and I do not experience any powertrain.
tabascosw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 03:47 PM   #50
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

With power drain and indexing not working any more I decided to reset the whole thing.

applied JailBreak-1.15.N-FW-5.x-hotfix (just to be sure)
Saved all my stuff
reset to factory restore.
applied JailBreak-1.15.N-FW-5.x-hotfix
every thing looked good.
side loaded 77 books.
charged for a while.
During which time the books were indexed.
unpluged
no severe power drain.
Wish I had done that in the first place.

Last edited by Sol Arkite; 01-25-2019 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:42 PM   #51
DoNoEvil
DoNoEvil doesn't litterDoNoEvil doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Failed to parse package, skipping...

Quote:
click the quote's link
Criminitly!

That one took a while to figure out, so I'm posting this in hopes it'll help some future traveler...

Previously jailbroken Kindle Paperwhite PW3, updated to 5.10.2 on accident.

Screensaver was broken & MRPI wouldn't update anything. It would just delete the .bin files. What the heck?

First thing that helped was locating the log file on my PW3, \extensions\MRInstaller\log\mrinstaller.log

It was full of "Failed to parse package, skipping..."

The key was locating Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.15.N_install.bin (version 1.14 was failing, althought it did not need to be reinstalled LAST time the FW updated)
Put in the root of the USB and use 'update your kindle'

If it exists, delete \Documents\KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 & don't ever put it back.

Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7_install_nomax_KOA2.bin
Put in the root of the USB and use 'update your kindle'
- Should now see \Documents\KUAL.kual
- Open the "KUAL" doc to start KUAL

BTW no need to ever run a *uninstall.bin

I had two to update, and both were newer versions than I had previously:

Update_python_0.15.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt 3_koa2_pw4.bin
Update_linkss_0.25.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt 3_koa2_pw4.bin
Put both in the \mrpackages directory, eject USB, and search ;log mrpi

Woo-hoo! All is well with the Universe.

Also, thanks to the Developers for being so patient with everyone
DoNoEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 04:02 PM   #52
Sol Arkite
Zealot

I want to report that my clock changes periodically on my PW2. After I restored the device and started over on the updated 5.10.2 (I’m holding off from 5.10.2.1 til I hear more) I noticed after I was using koreader that the clock was again not of the correct hour or minute. Not at all sure if it related to using koreader or some other hack or perhaps just buggy firmware. On the bright side, after the restore and hotfix, my battery life and indexing are working great. I wish I knew if 5.10.2.1 if was a correction for this problem or some test to foil the jailbreak or whatever it is correcting.
P.S. I’m still using the KUAL kindlet in my Documents folder of my PW2 and it doesn’t seem to have any problems with that.

Last edited by Sol Arkite; 01-30-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:05 PM   #53
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
KOReader has a built-in Time Sync plugin so that could be your issue.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 04:06 PM   #54
Sol Arkite
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
KOReader has a built-in Time Sync plugin so that could be your issue.
I was wondering about that when I saw that it had that. I just tried the synchronize time plugin and nothing bad happened. Shows the same time.
Thank you for the suggestion.

Last edited by Sol Arkite; 01-30-2019 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:04 PM   #55
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
I want to report that my clock changes periodically on my PW2. After I restored the device and started over on the updated 5.10.2 (I’m holding off from 5.10.2.1 til I hear more) I noticed after I was using koreader that the clock was again not of the correct hour or minute. Not at all sure if it related to using koreader or some other hack or perhaps just buggy firmware. On the bright side, after the restore and hotfix, my battery life and indexing are working great. I wish I knew if 5.10.2.1 if was a correction for this problem or some test to foil the jailbreak or whatever it is correcting.
P.S. I’m still using the KUAL kindlet in my Documents folder of my PW2 and it doesn’t seem to have any problems with that.
Linux employs two clocks.
A software clock and a hardware clock.
The software clock is what you see and if it was correct before the update, that still doesn't mean that the hardware clock was correct.
It could well be that only the software clock had been set (the "normal" thing done by user-land setting).
It takes a special, system level, command to set the hardware clock from the software clock.
If never done, then the hardware clock might be anything.

When you updated the device, you also restarted the Linux kernel.
As part of its start-up, "knowing" that the hardware clock was the master system reference, it set the software clock to that date/time.

And if the hardware clock had been wrong (but hidden from view) before the restart, how you could see the wrong setting because the restart made the visible, software, clock the same.

Ref: https://www.gnu.org/software/coreuti...tting-the-time

There are several ways that both clocks can be set to the correct and identical time.
My date/time KUAL extension is one of them - it corrects both clocks to match the International date/time server network.
See the documentation included with the KUAL extension.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:37 PM   #56
Sol Arkite
Zealot

Quote:
Linux employs two clocks.
A software clock and a hardware clock.
The software clock is what you see and if it was correct before the update, that still doesn't mean that the hardware clock was correct.
There are several ways that both clocks can be set to the correct and identical time.
My date/time KUAL extension is one of them - it corrects both clocks to match the International date/time server network.
See the documentation included with the KUAL extension.
Wow. Thanks for the insight into that.