Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 11-06-2018, 05:55 AM   #1
bobbysteel
Big Poppa
bobbysteel began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Financial Times may have removed captcha

I've had some special help with the developers there but think they've finally removed the captcha. Does someone want to try a test recipe?

https://gist.github.com/a10kiloham/4...83a51657636736

1) this uses social referrers - Kovid do you object to checking in this in mainline code?

2) there are some failures intermittently. Kovid, is there a way to override the fetch mechanism to retry if exception is thrown the first time? It seems to work if retried (subsequent runs have different missing articles)

3) for whatever reason it seems to work best single threaded
bobbysteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:02 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
a social referer is fine for me, although I doubt it will be very stable in the long term.

If you want to retry, simply override the open_novisit method for the browser object in get_browser(). That is the method used to download things.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:15 PM   #3
bobbysteel
Big Poppa
bobbysteel began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
thanks for this. seems to work well. i'll clean it up and check it in again soon
bobbysteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:14 AM   #4
mixedbaba
mixedbaba began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
I tried using the link in 1st post but only headers of the group are only downloaded. Not even the headers of articles are being downloaded leave alone the articles. I Didnt understand where do we change what Kovid says. If anyone has Financial times Recipe working please share.
Thank you.
mixedbaba is offline   Reply With Quote