Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-18-2019, 06:57 PM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Mozilla Archive Format to ePub

Thought I'd put this here for anybody in the future looking for this.

I had some short stories that I'd saved online in the now sadly-defunct Mozilla Archive Format. Rather than running an old version of Firefox (or Pale Moon with the MozArchiver), I decided to take a hand at converting one to ePub.

It was pretty easy! Either you can rename the extension to .zip or use 7-Zip's file manager to crack it open. All the files are in there, under a subfolder.

I was able to extract them all and just import them all into Sigil. Skip the .rdf file; it's just an xml file with the original url and other information. Under index_files you can also skip anything that's not an image or css file.

The downside: Complex pages tend to muck up, so you'll probably need to do extensive editing on those ones to get it to display right.

Hope this helps someone else.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 02-18-2019 at 07:00 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote