Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-02-2020, 04:23 AM   #5281
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I quite often put the monthly deal books on my wishlist and then take the whole month to decide whether to buy them. I bought one at about 10pm on the 31st. And maybe shouldn't have. I'm not doing so well on the "read everything I buy" front, either, and this was yet another fantasy book for the huge pile of unread fantasy books. I probably could have managed without it.

On the other hand, I have only bought 14 books so far, and the most expensive was £2.54. I could afford to be a bit more generous supporting the industry during this crisis.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:25 AM   #5282
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
On the other hand, I have only bought 14 books so far, and the most expensive was £2.54. I could afford to be a bit more generous supporting the industry during this crisis.
This month or this year?

(And I'm actually serious. There have been months where I've bought more than 14 books by now.)

If this year, that's doing pretty well. I'm up to 32 bought this year, four of them this month. Of the 28 bought Jan-May, I've read all but six, and those six are all books in series where I haven't goy that far in the series yet.

Last edited by pdurrant; 06-02-2020 at 04:27 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:43 PM   #5283
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, yes, this year. It's good, but I've only read 30 books, so with my target of reading twice what I buy I'm still only one book from the limit. (I've had an absolute ton of freebies, too, so it's a good thing I'm not worrying about those this year.)
Old 06-03-2020, 04:00 PM   #5284
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I’ve bought fifteen books this year, although that counts two different translations of War and Peace as one book. I figured it as one book, as I was only going to read it once, although I did some back-and-forthing. And, yay me! I’ve finished. So I’ve caught up through March and am reading my April purchases.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:53 PM   #5285
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I purchased three books this year for a total of $10.97 reading just one.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 12:37 AM   #5286
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
I haven't been reading as much recently so I haven't bought many e-books. Maybe that's the secret!!
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 06:15 PM   #5287
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I still buy too much but I just deleted 40 cheap or free books out of my library that i know I will never read.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 07:05 PM   #5288
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I haven't bought an ebook for 7 days. It's hard. Great deals, but it has to be part of one of my series or phenomenal. With audiobooks, I have bought none for 7 days also, but did receive 3 free ones.

My audiobook TBR has been inching up because I've been relistening to two series in anticipation of new books being released. Almost done, so I have a chance of meeting my lower TBR goal yet before the end of the year.

Last edited by Tarana; 06-07-2020 at 07:10 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 09:09 PM   #5289
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
So far in 2020, I've added ~200 ebooks to my collection including 19 for the first week of June. Some of those have been Baen bundle and Grantville Gazette purchases while others have been filling out my F&SF collection. Sadly, only 8 books in my calibre library don't have a Finished tag.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 11:59 PM   #5290
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
So far in 2020, I've added ~200 ebooks to my collection including 19 for the first week of June. Some of those have been Baen bundle and Grantville Gazette purchases while others have been filling out my F&SF collection. Sadly, only 8 books in my calibre library don't have a Finished tag.
Wow! That would take me like 4 or 5 years to read.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 02:34 AM   #5291
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If your TBR is at 8, you clearly do not have a problem with buying too many ebooks.
Old 06-11-2020, 09:36 AM   #5292
DrNefario
Wizard

They got me with their stupid offer. Or, I should say, I allowed myself to be got by their stupid offer. I bought four books for just under £10, which with yesterday's Daily Deal purchase was enough to qualify for the £3 credit, putting me substantially behind my target for the first time all year. And I still need to spend the credit in the next month. I did stick to long-term wishlist books that didn't look like they were ever going to get a sale, but I think I'm going to have to raise my game.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:29 AM   #5293
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I did stick to long-term wishlist books that didn't look like they were ever going to get a sale, but I think I'm going to have to raise my game.
Yep. I’ve used the same rationale on a few promotions lately and as a result I’m going to be playing catchup for a while. I still have to use the $5 credit in my case, but I have to go cold turkey after that: no purchases unless for immediate consumption and an exploding deal.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 10:35 AM   #5294
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I have chosen not to go for the Amazon deal. I just don't want to spend £10 on books this month unless they're on a really good offer. And £13 of books for £10 just isn't good enough for me.

(I did just buy one in a series I'm collecting, for £0.99 instead of around £4.00. Now that's the kind of discount I'm willing to take!)
Old 06-12-2020, 07:25 AM   #5295
DrNefario
Wizard

I am a tiny bit confused now, though. It looks like the last of the four books I bought yesterday was actually free - the credit was earned by the second-to-last book and applied on the last - but by that time I had only spent £9.96, by my reckoning. Weird.