Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-19-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Android Apps for PocketBook IQ 701

I have added the Android Apps page to my site http://www.dulinsbooks.com/android-apps I have tested nearly all of them but a couple I havent yet. For instance I havent personally tried opera mini but I know it works from the video review available elsewhere on the forum.

Ill add more as they become available to me and there will definitely be a few more when we can move to Android 2.1 eclair

If someone has a good link to YouTube apk let me know. the 2 I had arent working for me. Ill look around a bit more
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:47 PM   #2
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Thank you for sharing this Dulin!
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're welcome, Tatyana

Im using the IQ to post this reply

-Charlie

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 11-19-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:52 AM   #4
tobassam
tobassam began at the beginning.

Device: Poketbook
Suggestions:

-jjComics viewer
-Dolphin browser
-Pulse News Reader
tobassam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:39 AM   #5
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
How does Skype work? Does the IQ have a microphone?

It is listed on Dulin's Android Apps.
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2010, 08:04 AM   #6
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Thank you for the list Dulin! I am sure that will help a lot of people to decide if they want to pick up the IQ... me included.

I agree about the Pulse news reader. I would be nice to know if that one would work.

Also, trying some alternate markets such as AppBrain & SlideMe could be a good idea.

P.S: Which ones have you tried for Youtube?
________

Icewyng
Owns: Pocketbook 301+

Last edited by Icewyng; 11-20-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:49 PM   #7
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
An important warning for the people who have started to use their IQ before the firmware update and have installed side-loaded apps. BACK THEM UP before you update! They will vanish with the FW upgrade.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #8
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
Dulin, thanks! Your list sure was quite some help for some German users over here!
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:47 PM   #9
Dulin's Books
Wizard

I just showed my wife the Harry Potter trailer on the IQ using a working YouTube app YAYAYYY. Ill post up some more working apps to the list tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:33 PM   #10
Dulin's Books
Wizard

HOORAY!! FINALLY got the update for my cart software today AND managed to put the site back together (mostly- still can't get my favicon to work ) https://www.dulinsbooks.com/index.php? took me half the day just to figure out where the header images had got to and then to figure out why they weren't showing.

Anyway over the next day or so I will build the app page again and get it back up on the site. I should be able to do most of it tomorrow
Old 12-02-2010, 11:33 PM   #11
J.M.G
J.M.G will become famous soon enoughJ.M.G will become famous soon enoughJ.M.G will become famous soon enoughJ.M.G will become famous soon enoughJ.M.G will become famous soon enoughJ.M.G will become famous soon enough

Device: IQ 701
Skyfire for a browser and Open home or Launher pro to set your homescreen
J.M.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:08 AM   #12
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
I think It would be good to organize all the info we have right now and make some sort of wiki to help everyone...

I am sure it would be very helpful for most of us.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #13
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I'm adding on to the MobileRead wiki but I've never done this before so it will be slow going.

I've made a start but will need to spend more time. Here's the Pocketbook IQ wiki

Last edited by TallMomof2; 12-03-2010 at 10:38 AM.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:06 AM   #14
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I'm adding on to the MobileRead wiki but I've never done this before so it will be slow going.
¡Great idea! What if you put the link of your article?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #15
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
I just received my PocketBook IQ yesterday. And I cannot seem to install any App or download any App. When downloading, "There is not enough space". When installing from a file copied via the USB cable, it just says "Not installed" when I use the File Explorer App.

There must be something very simple that I missed. Any suggestions?

I have the pre-November 20 firmware. I have deleted all the included eBooks except those in English and Spanish. I have copied 3 PDF eBooks of my own to the IQ and they work reasonably well.
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote