Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-22-2009, 10:21 PM   #31
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Have you ever filled out all the US Customs forms needed to ship a commercial product? PITA

Individuals shipping gifts usually have it asy.
And before you suggest it I had a friend and customs agent down under advise me to never falsify a customs document (gift, being a common one) as a business. If discovered, Every item you ship will get extra scrutiny...Forever
(I also got tips on how much can be shipped, where it is not worth their effort to collect duty)
I'm really surprised that if filling out US Customs forms was such a hassle that the US Customs would have developed some form of electronic form to use ie: import spreadsheet and auto-fill the appropriate number of forms...does mean they need to be checked but still quicker than filling each out individually.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:48 PM   #32
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
I requested a replacement for my slate blue pocket pro this morning and received my RMA Number and UPS Shipping label via e-mail in less then 12 hours total.

That's good customer service in my book!
My experience was exactly the same today. I called, spoke with Amy, and she emailed the RMA and shipping label to me right away. I am replacing my Purple Pocket Pro due to the paint failure issue. (sob)
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #33
808Tom
808Tom
808Tom began at the beginning.

Device: Astak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

We would welcome your comments on Astak's Customer Service! If you have written to support@astak.com or made a phone call or needed information... we would like to hear from you.

Please have had a factual contact with Astak Customer Service. At least please rate on a scale of 1-5:

(1) Poor
(2) Fair
(3) Decent
(4) Very Good
(5) Exceptional and Excellent

How was their courtesy? Did they get back to you promptly? Did they get you an answer willingly? What was done wrong and what was done right?
How could we improve?

My experience is Poor to at best Fair:
I bought an Astak eReader and received it 7 day's ago --- with hairline cracks and a non working "charge" light ....
1. I have sent at least 3 email messages {two before delivery questioning shipping costs & once since receiving -- due to defects} and not received any response ... a very bad indicator of a "system that is not working" as it should.
2. I have left two phone messages and received one "call back" when I should have received two (2)
3. and I wait for input ... not a good sign of what "things are really like" ....
4. I have a "very loyal streak" to products & company's I think should be "good" --- Astak seems to look like they "have things together" but my experience is suggesting "otherwise" --- too bad.

808Tom
808Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:09 PM   #34
bull
drunk baby
bull began at the beginning.

Device: Black PEZ
another satisfied international customer

My PEZ just arrived here in Christchurch, New Zealand and I couldn't be happier with the service Astak has provided.

There was initially a mistake by PayPal that put two charges through (one with my shipping address, the other with my billing address). Only a few hours after I placed the order Judy contacted me wanting to confirm the correct address, and after realizing the mistake PayPal had made, a refund was issued WITHIN THE HOUR. The single order was shipped the same day and arrived 4 working days later.

In regards to Robert's comments about future international orders, my guess is that it has more to do with cost and warranty issues. The customs form was not that complicated, and apart from the sender and receiver addresses there were only 4 tick boxes and 4 value declarations to fill. What DID surprise me was that while Astak only charged US$40 for shipping, it actually cost them $45 (including insurance).

I would be very disappointed if Astak no longer ships internationally - based on the short time I've had to use the PocketPro and the great customer service - I would definitely be a return customer.

Last edited by bull; 09-22-2009 at 11:18 PM.
bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:47 PM   #35
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRebel View Post
I am just asking in general what is the problem they are seeing.
My point was, it is not simply putting an address label and postage as it is for shipping within the States.

Custom rules for technology shipped from the States varies by country.

It is not a simple Xerox of the forms.
Each form has to have the Complete recipient info entered, commodity codes , usually done electronically.
Just be glad these are only a few hundred dollars. The more expensive the shipment, the more paperwork .
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:57 AM   #36
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by bull View Post
What DID surprise me was that while Astak only charged US$40 for shipping, it actually cost them $45 (including insurance).
That might be one of the reasons they consider dropping international orders. They are losing money on the shipping.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:30 PM   #37
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
@Robertb, Wouldn't mind a reply back about my international order still only got the paypal auto response and have emailed asking if the order is shipped still no response.
Paypal Transaction ID: 28G36148KM592392V
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:47 PM   #38
Toeknee
Enthusiast
Toeknee began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZReader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyle67 View Post
@Robertb, Wouldn't mind a reply back about my international order still only got the paypal auto response and have emailed asking if the order is shipped still no response.
Paypal Transaction ID: 28G36148KM592392V
I believe that RobertB is on the sales end of the machine. I paid by paypal and also did not get a notification. Try sending an email to support@astak.com with your name, address and other information. It worked for me.

I ordered it on the weekend and it got onto a plane headed to Canada at 1am this morning <rubs hands in glee>.
Toeknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #39
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

@Toeknee, That's the email addy I sent to ask about shipping
Old 09-23-2009, 04:39 PM   #40
Toeknee
Enthusiast
Toeknee began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZReader Pro
I would try re-sending the email. The lady who responded to mine explained to me that their systems currently do not allow them to auto send notifications to Paypal purchasers. Just some of the growing pains that we all have to endure if we want to support the startup.

They responded to me within hours so maybe your email got lost in the shuffle.
Toeknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #41
gargoyle67
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toeknee View Post
maybe your email got lost in the shuffle.
mmm sounds a bit like the dog ate my homework excuse should I really have to email a company that wants my future business multiple times to answer a simple shipping question ?
Old 09-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #42
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyle67 View Post
mmm sounds a bit like the dog ate my homework excuse should I really have to email a company that wants my future business multiple times to answer a simple shipping question ?
Great point. I'm trying to get them to respond to my emails for three days now.

I did get one response saying Ruby would get back to me......
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:14 PM   #43
gargoyle67
Addict

@Kennyc, Yes if their so busy they can't call you back for 3 days perhaps they should hire more staff, Nar that's a ludicrous thought, Why would a professional company do such a thing
Old 09-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #44
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
Talking

(5) Exceptional and Excellent

they were very helpful and even when we got stuck they looked into it for me

ur staff sre the best and really understand me and my partners needs and difficulties that come with the fact we are both disabled

thanks amy and the rest of astak for all your help and patients

my one suggestion is have somew way to let the custusmer know when you hafve reseved the paypal requested money

Last edited by sian; 09-24-2009 at 10:57 AM.
sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:05 AM   #45
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Great point. I'm trying to get them to respond to my emails for three days now.

I did get one response saying Ruby would get back to me......
I did get a response after bugging them again, but it wasn't the one I wanted. at this point my PP is returned and am looking forward to a credit on my CC acount.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote