Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Kindle DX Cover

Ok gang. Dumb question alert. I've done a few searches and have not been able to get a clear answer to please indulge me.

After holding out valiantly for a couple of weeks I finally admitted that I could not restrain myself and ordered the a DXG.

I ordered it with the Amazon cover. I expected the same cover on my DX, the thick one with the magnets. Instead I got a cover with a rubber band. Hate it but I can't find the one with the magnets on-line. Did they discontinue it? Is there somewhere I should look?

Thanks for the info.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
Ok gang. Dumb question alert. I've done a few searches and have not been able to get a clear answer to please indulge me.

After holding out valiantly for a couple of weeks I finally admitted that I could not restrain myself and ordered the a DXG.

I ordered it with the Amazon cover. I expected the same cover on my DX, the thick one with the magnets. Instead I got a cover with a rubber band. Hate it but I can't find the one with the magnets on-line. Did they discontinue it? Is there somewhere I should look?

Thanks for the info.
For Kindle DX, the "old" one still is available.
Didn't find it for Kindle 2 respectively Kindle 3 though.
For DX Graphite, I've still got the "old" one 4 weeks ago.
I've got the "new" one 1 week ago, as I'd like to have Kindle DX and 3 in the same design.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
Kevin2088
Enthusiast
Kevin2088 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Please check this one out. It has the hiding magnet at the two corners for closure.

It is from our company.

Kevin || www.trendydigital.com
Our Amazon Store
Our Store
Kevin2088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2088 View Post
Please check this one out. It has the hiding magnet at the two corners for closure.

It is from our company.

Our Amazon Store
Our Store
Question.. I took a look at your covers for the Sony Readers and there are no covers other then the waterproof bags/covers. Why is that?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
Kevin2088
Enthusiast
Kevin2088 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
We do have several covers for different Sony readers.
Here are the examples

1) for Sony PRC 600
TrendyDigital MaxGuard Jacket Cover for Sony Digital Reader Touch Edition
It houses the device on the left. This is desirable for some people.

TrendyDigital MaxGuard Plus eReader Jacket Cover Case for Sony Digital Reader Touch Edition , with Embedded Corner Closure
It houses the device on the right.

1) for Sony PRC 300
TrendyDigital MaxGuard Plus Jacket for Sony Reader PRS-300, with Embedded Corner Closure
It houses the device on the right.

Hope this helps.

Our Amazon Store
Our Store
Kevin2088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #6
blue13x
blue13x began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I bought the oberon case, very beautiful but a bit more expensive: https://www.oberondesign.com/shop/ca...duct_list&c=72
blue13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:22 AM   #7
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue13x View Post
I bought the oberon case, very beautiful but a bit more expensive: https://www.oberondesign.com/shop/ca...duct_list&c=72
Same here. Not cheap, but gorgeous.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:51 AM   #8
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I love my Oberon but it has a bungy closure and the OP prefers a magnetic closure to a string closure. This makes me think that the Oberon won't work for him.

Last edited by ProfCrash; 08-09-2010 at 01:40 PM. Reason: wow that was hard to read
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #9
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
The Oberon looks beautiful but I want the magnetic latch and the bayonet Amazon mount. I like the comfort of just opening the cover and starting to read.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote