Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-24-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
andothfc
andothfc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Metadata resetting

I edit book titles/authors using Calibre (i'm on a Mac) but when I connect my reader to the Adobe Digital Editions (to transfer a purchased book) the changes I've made get reset.

Is there a way around this problem? I hate having to rename my books all the time, just wish the changes would stick.
andothfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:00 AM   #2
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hi andothfc and welcome to MobileRead!

Are you loading your books onto your reader from Adobe Digital Editions? You might try loading your books onto your reader through Calibre and see if the metadata is kept.

Calibre creates its own copy of each ebook with updated metadata and it is stored in a different file folder from ADE. If you want to load books from Adobe Digital Editions, you need to 'add book to library' from the new Calibre file.

I am not all that experienced with Calibre or Macs, so try it with one or two books and see if it works. If it doesn't try posting your problem in the Calibre section here at MobileRead.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert