Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 05-20-2003, 07:19 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Exclamation Forum Changes - Please Read!

Our community is about six months old now.
In this time, we have grown to over 1000 registered members. This is the good news.

And now for the bad news. We are still lacking the kind of user interaction our team was hoping for. We understand that many of you only come here to fetch the latest mobile links. And this is perfectly acceptable.

However, we think it is not too much to ask for if we can all try to be a little bit more interactive. If you don't have a new link to share - no problem. There are other categories available where you can talk about anything you want (well, at least anything that could be in any way interesting to us). You can talk about your opinions. Or share the latest PDA news with us (software, hardware, etc). Or, talk about a book that you can recommend. You see, there are plenty of opportunities for you to talk to us.

As an incentive for you to start your own posts, we restricted access to the new links (not your own) and also to attachment downloads. Anyone who participates will receive an user upgrade with no restrictions. Please don't hate us for this. We are not asking for millions of new postings. Because we nice. Just show yourself here and we promise you will be upgraded!

The following members were automatically upgraded because of their great commitments to our community.

[bounce]Upgraded Members:[/bounce]Agrajag
archituz
BasilC
captainao
cbulock
daught
dillon65
extraction
Harpgliss
hesire
joemac
kezza
kizer
kstuart
LRFD
macrotor
radleyp
Ronindvm
Saud
Trucido
waynelorentz
wumpi
zorro_ksig8

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact one of our team members.

The Turcic.com Team
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 07:51 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh and say what you think about these changes.
Advert
Old 05-20-2003, 08:52 AM   #3
archituz
Connoisseur
archituz doesn't litterarchituz doesn't litter

Alexander,

Thanks for including me in the "Upgraded Ones". I humbly accept the honor and fully understand the responsibility with which it is bestowed. You, all by yourself, have contributed greatly to the Palm/handheld world and I salute you.

....... and now please.... has someone/anyone yet solved/unscrambled iSiloX access to the NY Times links?

tee hee
Marty
archituz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 03:10 PM   #4
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Thumbs down This Sucks

Hey,

We cannot see new links because of what? I don't get it. Locking people out of content is not going to attract more users. To be on a grace period before being allowed in is stupid.
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 02:58 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Well you are right - and also wrong. Content is the essense of a good web site. But maintaining good content is also the hardest thing to do. More and more companies and agencies move to the pay-for-content principle which is *not* what I want to do.

Look at it from my point of view.
Fact is: we have >1000 registered members now.
Sadly, also fact is: of these 1000 members, not even 30 (that is: not even 3%!!) posted themselves > 10 postings.

Why is it so hard to post something yourself? I am sure there are tons of news and interesting links related to our community that you know and that you could share with others here.

So, visorprismman, please don't get too upset. Your user status has been upgraded. That means you can access everything as before. At the same time I hope that you will share more of your information with us in future.

Greets
Alex
Advert
Old 05-21-2003, 07:23 AM   #6
Unregistered
Nameless Being

Hello visorprismman:

When I first came to this site I knew nothing about the abilities that Alexander and others were offering, I didn't know the difference between ixl file and wcc110. I take a deep interest in being able to learn things that I know little or nothing about.

I made it known that there will be many newcomers and the instructions to getting an indvidual started must be made clearer; not everyone is a computer programmer. The new board has been setup, very nice I must add. However I do belive that because I cried enough, and stamped my feet like a two year old child; I have noticed that the board has changed to best serve newcomers.

The point that I am trying to make is share your knowledge, in order for everyone to learn. Learning from each other is much better than condeming or hating each other.

Out of all the other boards I am a member of, this is the only one I feel comfortable on to be able to express my views, and not feel ashamed to ask a question (big or small).

Please do not take my comments the wrong way.

Regards,

Denise
Old 05-23-2003, 03:16 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Users upgraded:

ravem
visorprismman
Old 05-24-2003, 03:46 PM   #8
renbud
Enthusiast
renbud is on a distinguished road

Device: Axim X51v
Wink

While I can't say I'm thrilled about being required to contribute on a regular basis (this is only my second post), I don't want to be left out in the cold when it comes to the best site for my favorite Palm software (and no, I'm not brown-nosing!) I can't see why anybody here would care to hear me ramble on and on about how wonderful I think Isilo is -- it would be preaching to the choir, eh? I would LOVE to share the new link to the New York Times --- unfortunately, I haven't discovered it yet. Until the time comes when I do, since I don't want to miss a thing - please bear with my babble....
renbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 04:40 PM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Heh,

I don't mind you babbling Seriously, I am trying everything in this forum to give everyone more opportunities to speak out and share interesting news and information.

It comes to the question what else we could add to make everything more interesting.

Remember, I had a poll for the future of our board. Most people were in favor of a ebook section. We added it. But until now, it hasn't really found much attraction.

Maybe we are doing something wrong, I am really puzzled over that, because I'd do anything here for you if it would only help to make the forum more interesting.

Cheers
Old 05-28-2003, 03:11 AM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Users upgraded:

cbeaman
iwy
Old 05-28-2003, 03:16 AM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Some people asked me how to upgrade their memberstatus.

I am sure you've noticed that I am very lax with the requirements to give people access. I don't want to pinpoint it down to the # of postings someone did. This would only lead to an improvement in quantity, but not necessarily in quality.

All I wish you to do is to participate. And you'll immediately get the upgrade.

Greets!
Old 05-28-2003, 08:45 AM   #12
eponymous
Enthusiast
eponymous has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austeneponymous has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austeneponymous has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austeneponymous has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austeneponymous has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austeneponymous has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austeneponymous has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austeneponymous has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austeneponymous has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austeneponymous has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austeneponymous has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Sony CLIE PEG-SJ33
Question

Can I be granted geekdom? I'm trying to participate, really I am...

eponymous
eponymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 11:32 AM   #13
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

granted.

Old 05-28-2003, 07:38 PM   #14
jfs01
Enthusiast
jfs01 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Clie TH-55
While I know you don't want to give a #, is there one? I've posted a couple of times since you decided to restrict access and I haven't been upgraded. I don't want to post something simply for the sake of getting that little "Posts:" number higher but I will if I have to. Thanks for reading.
jfs01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 08:00 PM   #15
jwy
jwy began at the beginning.

Device: NX70v
it's not an automatic post thing
alex needs to do it i think

btw, thanks for uping my status
jwy is offline   Reply With Quote