Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 08:29 PM   #1
barnes
barnes began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500...LOVE IT!
WTB: E-Ink in the $175 - $200 range.

Hey guys, first post here.

I've done my research, and I understand the ebook reader world..now I just need to get one! The pools open this weekend, and I'll be lifeguarding a pool with no guests, so I need something to keep me entertained. I've debated getting one in the past, but I'm ready to put the money out now.

I was hoping to spend about $175-$200 on a decent quality, e-ink reader. Maybe someone has a Sony 500 for me, but if no one has any thing to get rid of, I may just invest in the 505 new from somewhere.

I'm also up for trades, I do web development if you need a website (thelowtech.com), or I've got an Archos Gmini, an iHome, and some other stuff I was going to throw up on ebay soon.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:24 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Sony was selling refurb 500's for $150. They're OOS right now, but it might be worth keeping an eye out on their site...
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665262812
Advert
Old 05-21-2008, 01:15 AM   #3
Bubble
Enthusiast
Bubble has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bubble has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bubble has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Sony was selling refurb 500's for $150. They're OOS right now, but it might be worth keeping an eye out on their site...
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665262812
Personally, I won't wait for this to be in stock again. Its been almost 2 months since I heard of this offer, and it still look to be out of stock.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:39 AM   #4
barnes

Well if anyone snagged one during the refurb deal, and looking to sell it, I'll take it! $125 is reasonable...considering its usage.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:41 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnes View Post
I was hoping to spend about $175-$200 on a decent quality, e-ink reader. Maybe someone has a Sony 500 for me, but if no one has any thing to get rid of, I may just invest in the 505 new from somewhere.
You can order a Sony 505 from Walmart for $268... a bit above your budget, but not by much. I'm not sure if they stock them at the store.

BOb

EDIT: Not sure if your in the US though.
Advert
Old 05-21-2008, 02:06 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
You can order a Sony 505 from Walmart for $268... a bit above your budget, but not by much. I'm not sure if they stock them at the store.

BOb

EDIT: Not sure if your in the US though.
That is why it is a good idea for users to place some indication of their location in their profile. I think it should be required so that help can be customized a bit for the users.

Dale
Old 05-21-2008, 02:58 PM   #7
barnes

I have picked up the PSR-500 used on eBay. Pretty good deal, but I'm worried about condition. If I learn to love the 500, and become as addicted to ebooks as the rest of you, I'll probably be upgrading to the 505.
Closed Thread