Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
ForsCream
Connoisseur
ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ForsCream ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle Paperwhite 1st Gen doesn't sleep?

I've used it for over 6 months and it worked really well all the time, until recent days I found that the battery is wearing out too much fast, then I realized that the reason is my KP doesn't sleep when I close the case.

Firstly I thought the case loses the magnetic force, but when I press the power button, the screen also won't enter sleep mode.

FYI, when I press the power button, the charging light will flash green, but the screen has no change. And the device automatically upgraded to 5.3.9 firmware days ago, before that the problem didn't exist. I am not sure if the problem is caused by the new firmware.

So how to fix this problem?

Thank you guys in advance.
ForsCream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:13 AM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Restart it (Settings, Restart). If that doesn't work, hard restart (hold power button for about 20 seconds and release). That happens with mine every few weeks. I'm still on 5.3.8, so it is probably not the update.

It might be something about the magnetic sensor. I don't use a cover, but my Scott-e-vest has magnetic closures on a couple of the pockets and I carry my Kindle in one of the inside pockets and it often gets turned on by a nearby magnet (it is waiting for me to swipe to unlock when I haven't pushed the power button).

Last edited by tomsem; 12-11-2013 at 01:17 AM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I did a restart on mine and that solved the issue.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
For any problem of this nature, rebooting the Kindle is the first thing to try.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote