Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #136
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Kindle Romance Deal of the Day $1.99

The Duchess War (The Brothers Sinister) by Courtney Milan
Note: Someone on here recommended her books.
She use to write for Harlequin.
I've read a couple of her novellas and she's awesome. I have another four of her books that I've bought (including The Duchess War) but haven't read yet. It's hard to go wrong with CM, plus her books are very reasonably priced, IMO.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #137
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I know, right?! That played a major part in the buying decision

Thanks for the blog recs! For NA, I recently starting following Aestas Book Blog.

Over at DA, Jane's tastes are most similar to mine (not everything though, as I don't read M/M or menage). Funny enough, The Mighty Storm was just one out of two books that I can remember Jane reviewing favorably that I picked up and didn't like.
Oh a new blog! See I love A Mighty Storm. It was the first romance I've read that made h/h seem like real people with real big problems. The author is British though so like KA I had to overlook some of her wording. It was outside the box. Traditionally I don't think a publisher would of touched it. Thanks to unconventional 50 Shades Trilogy publishers are finally picking up stories that aren't cookie cutter.

Quote:
I've read a couple of her novellas and she's awesome. I have another four of her books that I've bought (including The Duchess War) but haven't read yet. It's hard to go wrong with CM, plus her books are very reasonably priced, IMO.
What would you recommend I start with of hers? I almost finished with my current historical romance and will need another soon.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #138
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Quote:
Kindle Romance Deal of the Day $1.99

The Duchess War (The Brothers Sinister) by Courtney Milan
Note: Someone on here recommended her books.
She use to write for Harlequin.
Courtney Milan is one of my favorite authors of historical romance along with Sherry Thomas(Not Quite a Husband) and Julie Anne Long( "What I Did For a Duke"). I would give links but I am clueless as to how to do that.
Now I am deciding whether to read "Beautiful Bastard" or "Wallbanger" next.
I really don't like making personal recommendations because all our tastes are so different and vary at different times but I so love hearing all of yours.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #139
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Courtney Milan is one of my favorite authors of historical romance along with Sherry Thomas(Not Quite a Husband) and Julie Anne Long( "What I Did For a Duke"). I would give links but I am clueless as to how to do that.
I really don't like making personal recommendations because all our tastes are so different and vary at different times but I so love hearing all of yours.
I have Julie Anne Long's books and I will read them someday. Sherry Thomas I know has won several RITAs.

My problem reading historicals that are New School is the language is often too modern. I just can't read a book that doesn't have the correct dialogue for that period or uses modern sayings but I will give a author a try once or twice before I stop reading them.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #140
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
What would you recommend I start with of hers? I almost finished with my current historical romance and will need another soon.
The Governess Affair is quite good, and it's still free at Amazon. It's the start of the Brothers Sinister series, and the next book is The Duchess War.

The other one I really liked of hers is Unlocked, which is a novella sitting sort of midway in the Turner series.

Quote:
Omigosh, Sherry Thomas's Not Quite a Husband is one of my favorite books, ever!

Wallbanger was just OK for me; it was cute and funny, but it just went on and on, to me. But I loved Clive the cat!
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #141
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh;2475559
Wallbanger was just OK for me; it was cute and funny, but it just went on and on, to me. But I [U
loved[/U] Clive the cat!
The cat literally made me snort with laughter, especially at the end.

And thank you for the heads up on If You Stay, I've had it on my watch list for awhile now and it didn't show up this morning when I checked, but lo and behold there it is now. Off to buy it and back to my Thoughtless addiction!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #142
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The Governess Affair is quite good, and it's still free at Amazon. It's the start of the Brothers Sinister series, and the next book is The Duchess War.

The other one I really liked of hers is Unlocked, which is a novella sitting sort of midway in the Turner series.

Omigosh, Sherry Thomas's Not Quite a Husband is one of my favorite books, ever!

Wallbanger was just OK for me; it was cute and funny, but it just went on and on, to me. But I loved Clive the cat!
Thank you for your opinion on "Wallbanger" especially since I too considered "Not Quite a husband" one of my favorites, ever. I will still read "Wallbanger" after some of my many others.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #143
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thank you for your opinion on "Wallbanger" especially since I too considered "Not Quite a husband" one of my favorites, ever. I will still read "Wallbanger" after some of my many others.
Okay Just checked out Not Quite a Husband at my Library. Will read it here shortly and see what the fuss is about.

I have Wallbanger on my Kindle but the first chapter didn't draw me in. I think it's a book you need to be in the mood for. I know it was a Twilight fanfic.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #144
Venus
Country girl

Quote:
I have Julie Anne Long's books and I will read them someday. Sherry Thomas I know has won several RITAs.

My problem reading historicals that are New School is the language is often too modern. I just can't read a book that doesn't have the correct dialogue for that period or uses modern sayings but I will give a author a try once or twice before I stop reading them.
I totally agree but those two were my favorite historicals, although in my mind I had to blank out the age difference in "What I did ....". I actually prefer Romantic Suspense but like jumping around.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #145
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I totally agree but those two were my favorite historicals, although in my mind I had to blank out the age difference in "What I did ....". I actually prefer Romantic Suspense but like jumping around.
Now we are talking! I love Romantic Suspense as long as it's not a psychological thriller. I too jump around. I read up to a few books at a time. One historical, One Indie and One Modern romance mostly suspense or a paranormal.

Right now it's The Windflower and Rock Chick Reckoning. I may need a light fluffy Traditional Regency after this.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #146
Venus
Country girl

Quote:
Now we are talking! I love Romantic Suspense as long as it's not a psychological thriller. I too jump around. I read up to a few books at a time. One historical, One Indie and One Modern romance mostly suspense or a paranormal.

Right now it's The Windflower and Rock Chick Reckoning. I may need a light fluffy Traditional Regency after this.
I never read Kirsten Ashley before but I just bought "Motorcycle Man". Ok wait, did you mean that you actually read a few books simultaneously?
Old 04-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #147
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I never read Kirsten Ashley before but I just bought "Motorcycle Man". Ok wait, did you mean that you actually read a few books simultaneously?
Yes that's what I mean. Sometimes up to 5 but 3 is a good number for me. Kristen Ashely is a guilty pleasure. I do recommend starting with the Rock Chick series if you are OCD like me and must read everything in order. I'm almost through with the Rock Chick series than I will start the Dream Man series.

The Rock Chick series is currently still Lendable so you can get it through Lendle if you have a Amazon U.S. account. That's how I've been reading them. I got them on loan from the KA Loan thread on the Amazon Romance Forum. Soon she plans to I think let a publisher have them. They do need alot of cleaning up before going to print.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #148
Venus
Country girl

Quote:
Yes that's what I mean. Sometimes up to 5 but 3 is a good number for me. Kristen Ashely is a guilty pleasure. I do recommend starting with the Rock Chick series if you are OCD like me and must read everything in order. I'm almost through with the Rock Chick series than I will start the Dream Man series.

The Rock Chick series is currently still Lendable so you can get it through Lendle if you have a Amazon U.S. account. That's how I've been reading them. I got them on loan from the KA Loan thread on the Amazon Romance Forum. Soon she plans to I think let a publisher have them. They do need alot of cleaning up before going to print.
Amazing! How wonderful that we are all so different. I am compulsive about reading one book at a time and I have to finish it even if it sucks. What do you do, read a few chapters of one and then go to another? BTW, what is the first of the Rock Chick series? Although order isn't one of my many compulsions, I did listen to all 30 something of J D Robb's books in order. And even though I got tired of listening to their sameness, they helped me through hours of driving in gridlock. So even though I read more than I listen, I need to satisfy both habits.
I actually enjoyed listening to your Stephanie Plum series. Just listened to the first two and laughed a lot. So thank you. Too bad we don't have a Romance audiobook thread.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #149
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Amazing! How wonderful that we are all so different. I am compulsive about reading one book at a time and I have to finish it even if it sucks. What do you do, read a few chapters of one and then go to another? BTW, what is the first of the Rock Chick series? Although order isn't one of my many compulsions, I did listen to all 30 something of J D Robb's books in order. And even though I got tired of listening to their sameness, they helped me through hours of driving in gridlock. So even though I read more than I listen, I need to satisfy both habits.
I actually enjoyed listening to your Stephanie Plum series. Just listened to the first two and laughed a lot. So thank you. Too bad we don't have a Romance audiobook thread.
Oh you are in for a treat once you hit Seven Up because Lorelei King takes over as narrator. Unfortunately Book 5 and 6 Audiobooks not available in the USA only a badly done Abridge version by Debi Mazur is and I hated her voice. Lorelei King does an amazing job of the series. CJ Critt is okay but she has no where near the acting ability or voice variety that King does.

Feel free to talk about Romance audiobooks alot of us listen to them. Xe Sands is another favorite narrator of mine. I do have J.D Robb first two books and I will listen to them sometime this year. I have audiobook Recommendation. Julie Ann Walker's Hell on Wheels. There is only one but Abby Craden does a great job. I keep pestering DANL to add the others in the series. It's romantic suspense and it a 5 star for me.

Hmm I'm not sure I have a reading pattern. I just read one till I feel like I should stop there for the night then move on to the other one if I feel I can still read. Some nights I am just not into a historical romance so I switch over to something else. I read by Moods. I think there is nothing worse than reading a book when you're not in the mood for it. I don't know how professional reviewers do it. You wont enjoy it as much and you take something wrong. I use to think I had to finish every book but I've grown out of that. I have too many books to read in so little of time. I have been known to read 7 at a time but that's usually when I can't find a book to keep my interests. 3 is the standard for me currently.

Rock Chick series order
  1. Rock Chick
  2. Rock Chick Rescue
  3. Rock Chick Redemption
  4. Rock Chick Renegade
  5. Rock Chick Revenge
  6. Rock Chick Reckoning
  7. Rock Chick Regret

The first one is very Stephanie Plum like. The other follow a similar formula but she builds her own world.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #150
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Unfortunately Book 5 and 6 Audiobooks not available in the USA only a badly done Abridge version by Debi Mazur is and I hated her voice.
I don't know if it's a rights issue or what, but there were unabridged versions of those two done at one time. They were read by C.J. Critt and put out by Recorded Books. Sometimes the CDs pop up for a "reasonable" $20-$30 price on eBay otherwise I've seen them priced quite high. You can also rent them through Simply Audiobooks which took over the rental program Recorded Books used to offer. Some public libraries might have the CDs (or cassettes ) too.

http://www.simplyaudiobooks.com/audi...7/?link_num=1&
http://www.simplyaudiobooks.com/audi...5/?link_num=1&
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote