Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-31-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Any Android that plays nice with Calibre?

I know about the cloud and other ways to get books from Calibre to a device without a drive letter. However, I really like it when Calibre recognizes my reader and shows what is on it vs my having to enter "y" in a column each time I move a book to my Android.

Being in the market for a new Android, I thought I'd ask if there are any brands that actually show up under Windows 7 with a drive letter for use with Calibre. Sorry if this is the wrong forum - let me know and I'll move to another.

Lyn
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Take a look in the Devices subforum at any of the topics that discuss Calibre Companion; a new Android App that limks in with calibre.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Take a look in the Devices subforum at any of the topics that discuss Calibre Companion; a new Android App that limks in with calibre.
Thanks it looks great for when I'm at home with wifi. Unfortunately (at least for the wifi) I like to do extended camping in the Ntl Forests with no wifi, just my netbook and android reader. That's why I'd like one that shows up with a drive letter - I thought a Calibre person might have one. I'm going to ask over in the Android forum.

Appreciate your telling me about the Companion, though. I'll give it a try for when I'm home.

Lyn
Old 08-31-2012, 07:44 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Well, as long as the Android device shows as a drive letter in Windows, irregardless of whether or not it is seen by Calibre as a device then you can use the Connect to Folder option of calibre.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:58 PM   #5
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Well, as long as the Android device shows as a drive letter in Windows, irregardless of whether or not it is seen by Calibre as a device then you can use the Connect to Folder option of calibre.
That's the problem - the Android devices don't show as a drive letter - they are more like a camera connection. There's no problem getting books on it - I just have a folder "move to tablet", move my calibre books to the folder, then move from the folder to the connected Android. I just would like to be able to see from Calibre which books are on my tablet - right now I created a column in Calibre which is a Y/N where I put Y when I send something to the tablet. Works, but not as clean as letting Calibre find them on the tablet.
Advert
Old 08-31-2012, 11:18 PM   #6
seanos
Zealot
seanos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Aura H2O, LG V20
I mostly read my books in FBReader on an Android HTC Desire phone. It's card is accessible in Windows 7 as a drive and it functions as a device in Calibre.

I suspect it comes down to how the manufacturer decides the device should connect (so it might depend on whether you install their software), but often there are ways to connect devices as "mass storage" if you hunt around.
seanos is offline   Reply With Quote