Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-14-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quickoffice Pro is the Amazon Free App for today

GO go go go new Fire-owners! THis is one of the better office-compatible apps for android...and it's $14.99 usually.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Actually there are two different versions (for phones or tablets), and the one for tablets is $19.99 but also free at the moment. Make sure you get the right one.

http://fireapps.blogspot.com/

Last edited by foreverjuly; 11-15-2011 at 01:24 PM.
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Ah, good to know, thanks.

It's worth pointing out, then, that the Fire has a non-tablet (in otherwords, it's the phone version) version of Android. Dunno if that'll make any difference, but I got BOTH versions, just to be sure. Thanks!
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
Ah, good to know, thanks.

It's worth pointing out, then, that the Fire has a non-tablet (in otherwords, it's the phone version) version of Android. Dunno if that'll make any difference, but I got BOTH versions, just to be sure. Thanks!
Same here many thanks! I don't know if I'll get a Tablet with Honeycomb but I got it for free just in case.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:39 AM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverjuly View Post
Actually there are two different versions (for phones or tablets), and the one for tablets is $19.99 but also free at the moment. Make sure you get the right one.

http://fireapps.blogspot.com/2011/11...pp-of-day.html
Thanks, almost missed out on the tablet version!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #6
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Aw dang! I missed it!
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:03 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSheri View Post
Aw dang! I missed it!
This is what I do to avoid missing some of the better apps. Since Amazon gives away one free app every day, I make it a point to download every one as part of my daily computer ritual. It doesn't matter if I want it, need it, or if it's incompatible with what I own. At some point in the future, I may need it. You never know. Besides, the vast majority of these apps remain in Amazon's cloud. That way my device isn't being cluttered up, nor is my storage taking a hit.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #8
jswinden
Nameless Being

I didn't bother to download it as it clearly stated it was for Honeycomb tablets and thus would not run well, if at all, on Gingerbread. Did they have a Gingerbread version for free too?
Old 11-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #9
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
This is what I do to avoid missing some of the better apps. Since Amazon gives away one free app every day, I make it a point to download every one as part of my daily computer ritual. It doesn't matter if I want it, need it, or if it's incompatible with what I own. At some point in the future, I may need it. You never know. Besides, the vast majority of these apps remain in Amazon's cloud. That way my device isn't being cluttered up, nor is my storage taking a hit.
I tried to do that but since I don't have my Fire yet or an android device, it won't let me download them.

Question for you. When you get them do you have to download them to your device or can you download them to your computer?

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Question for you. When you get them do you have to download them to your device or can you download them to your computer?

Carol
They aren't on my computer; they stay on Amazon's servers until I need them. Then I download them from my Nook Color whenever I want one.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-15-2011 at 11:51 AM. Reason: typo
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #11
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I didn't bother to download it as it clearly stated it was for Honeycomb tablets and thus would not run well, if at all, on Gingerbread. Did they have a Gingerbread version for free too?
Yes, that was the free app for the day. It's just that the Honeycomb version was free also.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:40 PM   #12
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
They aren't on my computer; they stay on Amazon's servers until I need them. Then I download them from my Nook Color whenever I want one.
OK Thanks. So if you wanted to download it to your computer to backup could you?

Carol
Old 11-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #13
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
It's on a permanent archive on the Amazon cloud. You can delete it from your device over and over and redownload it over and over. No need to backup on your computer. Apps get updated every other week anyway.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:47 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiXSendai View Post
It's on a permanent archive on the Amazon cloud. You can delete it from your device over and over and redownload it over and over. No need to backup on your computer. Apps get updated every other week anyway.
I like to backup previous version before upgrading in case the new version is unstable. To do that you can use ES File Manager or Astro File Manager. I use ES File Manager. You use the app manager option to back up the app into an apk which is like a exe setup file. You can store the apk files on your PC or something like Dropbox.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:37 PM   #15
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I like to backup previous version before upgrading in case the new version is unstable. To do that you can use ES File Manager or Astro File Manager. I use ES File Manager. You use the app manager option to back up the app into an apk which is like a exe setup file. You can store the apk files on your PC or something like Dropbox.
I have an iphone and do this exact thing with some of the apps. Has saved me more than once.

Carol