Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
JobAccommodation
JobAccommodation began at the beginning.

Device: none
$99 Android e-ink e-reader platform

Hi there!

Has anybody ever worked with this platform...? Any information...?

http://thegadgetsite.blogspot.com/20...-platform.html

The most similar kit i've found from freescale is this one (but including LCD screen instead of e ink):

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/...IMX51EVKJ&fr=g

Best regards
JobAccommodation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
That video was made by Charbax last year. The device could exist, but no one has decided to make it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2011, 04:45 AM   #3
JobAccommodation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
That video was made by Charbax last year. The device could exist, but no one has decided to make it.
i guess so...
i can't even find it in freescale website.

Thanks for your answer!
Old 04-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
the kobo is based on t he i.mx35 reference design and of course the newest kindle is using the i.mx508. if you email one of their sales reps they'll sell you the Sabre i.mx508 development reference design kit with a vizplex display. its basically the one you linked to with the 508 chip and eink.

the new b+w and color Hanvon readers are based on that i.mx508 platform
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:17 AM   #5
JobAccommodation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
the kobo is based on t he i.mx35 reference design and of course the newest kindle is using the i.mx508. if you email one of their sales reps they'll sell you the Sabre i.mx508 development reference design kit with a vizplex display. its basically the one you linked to with the 508 chip and eink.

the new b+w and color Hanvon readers are based on that i.mx508 platform
Glad to hear!!! Thank you so much Dulin for this information. I'll try and i will tell what they say about this kit.

Advert
Old 04-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #6
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
and check kacir's post about the PB 360 "plus" model

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=28
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:59 AM   #7
JobAccommodation

Hi again!

I've got news from Freescale about the kit i mentioned before... well, maybe not exactly the one that appears in the video, but pretty similar:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/...b=In-Depth_Tab

They told me it is supposed to be launched to general consumers in june this year. What i don't know is the price of the development platform, but surely don't think it finally is $99...