Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-21-2010, 03:02 AM   #16
mrtibbs
E-book Genius
mrtibbs began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 950
I made the change from the 900 - 950 and it was like day and night ....I ebay'd the 900 and it came to about $53 and change out of pocket (with taxes) and I can say Sony did got on this model!
mrtibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:53 PM   #17
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtibbs View Post
I made the change from the 900 - 950 and it was like day and night
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm going to trade-in mine for a 650. The $75 credit and the current sale price practically makes it a must have. With the Nook Color I've decided to pass on the wireless features offered by the 950.

After looking at the 950 I can't pick up my 900 anymore. It's no longer enjoyable, constantly mumbling about the NOTICEABLE glare and lack of contrast adjustment. Funny how a few weeks ago these weren't issues.

Last edited by SCION; 11-21-2010 at 01:59 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2010, 02:08 PM   #18
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
After looking at the 950 I can't pick up my 900 anymore. It's no longer enjoyable, constantly mumbling about the NOTICEABLE glare and lack of contrast adjustment. Funny how a few weeks ago these weren't issues.
SCION, I had to smile at your post. The glare on the 900 was never an issue for me like some people. And, the 900 contrast was much better than the 600 & 700. However, I definitely notice these issues now after using the 950! I am seriously liking the better touch screen sensitivity and the fact that I only have limited need for the stylus now.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:55 AM   #19
Gleidson
Gleidson began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Daily Edition - PRS-900
What encouraging discussion! For what you and SCION said, more and more I am eager to get a 950. Taking your example, I want to pass on my 900. However, I am not sure how to do it. As I am going to US early December, I am buying both Nook Color and 950 (as I have already said), and yet I would like to trade in my 900 for a 350 or 650 for my wife. Do you know where could I do it in Miami?
Gleidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:55 AM   #20
Gleidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
SCION, I had to smile at your post. The glare on the 900 was never an issue for me like some people. And, the 900 contrast was much better than the 600 & 700. However, I definitely notice these issues now after using the 950! I am seriously liking the better touch screen sensitivity and the fact that I only have limited need for the stylus now.
What encouraging discussion! For what you and SCION said, more and more I am eager to get a 950. Taking your example, I want to pass on my 900. However, I am not sure how to do it. As I am going to US early December, I am buying both Nook Color and 950 (as I have already said), and yet I would like to trade in my 900 for a 350 or 650 for my wife. Do you know where could I do it in Miami?
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #21
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleidson View Post
There's a Sony Style store in Miami if that's what you're interested in. They take trade-ins on the spot for instant credit. You'll receive a $75 credit toward the purchase of any Reader.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...ntura_Location
Old 11-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #22
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Gleidson,

Given the prices of Sony Products in Brazil, you should sell the 900 there instead of getting only $75 for a trade in.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #23
Gleidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
Gleidson,

Given the prices of Sony Products in Brazil, you should sell the 900 there instead of getting only $75 for a trade in.
No, THX for trade-in for only $75! As said by advocate2, indeed it may well be worth my while to deal it here in Brazil. Here I get for it easely at least R$400 ≈ US $230, so needless to say what would be a reasonable deed!
Old 11-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #24
SCION
Séduisant

Sounds like a plan!!!