Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
Trini
Connoisseur
Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs650
Amazon cancelled my order?

Hi guys, today I went to check Amazon wrt to my pre-ordered 650 from Target. Sorry but I just can't help but check my order's status at least once a day. This is my first ereader after all, so I'm quite excited about it .

However on checking, my pre-ordered 650 wasn't in my order history! When I finally decided to check my email there was a notification from Amazon stating that my order was cancelled because the product wasn't available from the supplier anymore. Ehh??. If that's so why is the 650 still up for pre-order from Target on Amazon?

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Last edited by Trini; 10-03-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Trini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
650's are on pre-order from a lot of places in the U.S.

I was able to find a red one for pickup at ABT Electronics in Chicago.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 10:09 PM   #3
Trini
Connoisseur
Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've seen them on pre-order from some other retailers (ABT included). However as I live outside of the US I can only order from particular US online sellers. So Amazon, B&H are usually my safest options. I actually tried ABT but it appears they only accept US based customer (they recognized my IP address and wouldn't process my order and I wasn't in the mood to use/try Google chkout). So I've decided to order the red one (from Amazon) as that appears to be the colour currently in stock. I really wanted the black one however I prefer to get the reader sooner rather than later.

I'm beginning to wonder if Amazon cancelled the prevoius order because Sony is currently out of stock in the black 650? Just a thought.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Black 650's are difficult to find in the U.S. When I was at ABT they had just received Red and were unsure of when they would be receiving Black.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:18 PM   #5
Trini
Connoisseur

Their website indicates that they have the black in stock now
Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #6
david72
david72 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trini View Post
I've seen them on pre-order from some other retailers (ABT included). However as I live outside of the US I can only order from particular US online sellers. So Amazon, B&H are usually my safest options. I actually tried ABT but it appears they only accept US based customer (they recognized my IP address and wouldn't process my order and I wasn't in the mood to use/try Google chkout). So I've decided to order the red one (from Amazon) as that appears to be the colour currently in stock. I really wanted the black one however I prefer to get the reader sooner rather than later.

I'm beginning to wonder if Amazon cancelled the prevoius order because Sony is currently out of stock in the black 650? Just a thought.
Hi Trini, I'm also located outside the US and the Sony reader is not available to me too, those parallel imported ones (not imported by local Sony) are being sold at a highly inflated prices and it's the PRS-600.

What I did was to use an international forwarder called comgateway, my credit card was also not accepted as my billing address is in Singapore and not the US, I used their concierge service at 5% of the ordered item price, their shipping rate is rather expensive, but at this time, they're the only one with a work around to Sony Style not shipping to a forwarder.

You might want to check out http://www.comgateway.com or even http://www.borderlinx.com these are the 2 known ones in Singapore.

Cheers!
david72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #7
yakuzaboss
Groupie
yakuzaboss is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trini View Post
Hi guys, today I went to check Amazon wrt to my pre-ordered 650 from Target. Sorry but I just can't help but check my order's status at least once a day. This is my first ereader after all, so I'm quite excited about it .

However on checking, my pre-ordered 650 wasn't in my order history! When I finally decided to check my email there was a notification from Amazon stating that my order was cancelled because the product wasn't available from the supplier anymore. Ehh??. If that's so why is the 650 still up for pre-order from Target on Amazon?

Has this ever happened to anyone else?
I bet if you ordered the Kindle 3 it wouldnt have been cancelled. Good luck on your hunt for the 650. You wont be disappointed.
yakuzaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:43 PM   #8
Trini
Connoisseur

Thanks david72 for your recommendations. I'll keep it mind for next time.