Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2011, 04:19 AM   #121
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by savy View Post
=================================

A. Some of epub files are not supported. Re-building high quality EPUB files will fix it.
Maybe my report wasn't clear enough: Duokan Lite failed at reading "high quality EPUB files" but opened ePub files with errors in them.

I.e. the epub file was not the problem. Your ePub reader software has a problem. You can easily verify this by downloading this free epub from the forum.
Then go to epubcheck online and have it validate the epub. You'll see that the ePub is valid or as you would call it "a high quality EPUB." However, Duokan Lite refuses to open it.
I don't expect an ePub reader software to handle all kinds of proprietary ePub extensions, but it must at the very least be able to open valid ePubs. You may want to re-check your ePub code to find out why it didn't open this particular ePub, because chances are that it'll have problems with other valid ePubs, too.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:39 AM   #122
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
I.e. the epub file was not the problem. Your ePub reader software has a problem. You can easily verify this by
the good news is

Quote:
The new epub/mobi engine will be import to Lite. It [this is another issue] can be fixed if we replace the new engine.
(quoted from an email)

hope this will fix your issue too.

this is about next monthly release. let's wait and see.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 04:42 AM   #123
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I've had a few niggles with some epubs not wanting to open, however I usually just simplify them and they magically work. However from my reading of Google Translate's version of the official forums, they are busy working at either rewriting or replacing the epub render at the same time that they aim to add mobi support - and they point most people mentioning epub related errors to wait for that. At the moment they seem to indicate that will happen in December.
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #124
J.B.
J.B. began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Hi,

just started using duokan lite. One thing I am having a problem with is the page turn behavior of zoomed PDF files:

When I reach the bottom of the screen and press 'next', I expect to continue reading at the top of the screen. Instead duokan lite will only go as far as the end of the PDF page, forcing me to search somewhere in the middle of the screen for the right place to continue reading from the previous screen.

Is there a setting for this? Am I doing it wrong?

Thx for any replies.
J.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:09 PM   #125
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@J.B instead you can try menu > enable split
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #126
J.B.
J.B. began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
tried it, doesn't seem to be what I mean. Let me try again:

When I load a normal PDF in landscape mode and "fit to width", then obviously the screen can only show part of a PDF page at once. When I finish reading the screen I press "next". Now instead of always moving on by one screen, duokan lite behaves as if I wanted to just scroll down on the same page until it all fits into the screen.

This behavior to me makes PDFs hard to read as it means that whenever I press "next", I have to seek for the correct line to continue reading at, which can be anywhere on the screen, instead of at the top. non-lite duokan behaves in a more natural manner IMO.
J.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:21 PM   #127
thomass
Wizard

I see. there is no setting for this. but you are right. this should be fixed.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #128
savy
savy began at the beginning.

Device: Kinde 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
tried it, doesn't seem to be what I mean. Let me try again:

When I load a normal PDF in landscape mode and "fit to width", then obviously the screen can only show part of a PDF page at once. When I finish reading the screen I press "next". Now instead of always moving on by one screen, duokan lite behaves as if I wanted to just scroll down on the same page until it all fits into the screen.

This behavior to me makes PDFs hard to read as it means that whenever I press "next", I have to seek for the correct line to continue reading at, which can be anywhere on the screen, instead of at the top. non-lite duokan behaves in a more natural manner IMO.
sure, your way is better experience.
We are figuring out if we can change PDF engine at the same time. But the effort and resource is the main issue before dev team.

Wish we can move smoothly and fix those EPUB/Mobi/PDF issues in time.
savy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:09 AM   #129
thomass
Wizard

weekly update

Version:Lite1111.2367.rtm
File Size:43.60MB
Suitable Models:Kindle 3
Updated:2011.11.11

Download:click here

You can update with WiFi:
0. Load Duokan from the boot screen
1. connect WiFi
2. (if it doesn't prompt for the update) System Settings >> check update.

Quote:
Updates this week:
New features:
Static IP setting function
In the system settings to increase the Speed ​​setting
Push: can reset your password to increase functionality

Improvements:
Below 20 percent, whether to continue reading or playing music, there will be a cue
In addition to the basic system settings pronunciation style

Fix the problem:
Fixed keyboard "." unavailable problem
Fixed input problem on annotation box: can not enter a space
Fixed WiFi can not remember the password , auto-connect problem
Fixed crash clicking back problems
Fixed adjusting volume causes music player to restart problem.
As usual , you should use this page or this email address: kindleuser@duokan.com to send your feedbacks.

Last edited by thomass; 11-11-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:10 AM   #130
spamface
spamface began at the beginning.

Hi, I've searched around but have been unable to find a solution to my problem so hope this is the right place to ask.
I've been using Duokan lite for quite a while, but yesterday I found the screen on my kindle 3 UK wifi was broken halfway up. I intend getting it repaired by Amazon, but of course would like to uninstall Duokan Lite first. I'm aware that there is an uninstall option somewhere in the setup menu but I can't see the top-half of the screen!
Can somebody tell me which of the three setup screens it's on and which button to press? Thanks.
spamface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:41 AM   #131
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamface View Post
Hi, I've searched around but have been unable to find a solution to my problem so hope this is the right place to ask.
I've been using Duokan lite for quite a while, but yesterday I found the screen on my kindle 3 UK wifi was broken halfway up. I intend getting it repaired by Amazon, but of course would like to uninstall Duokan Lite first. I'm aware that there is an uninstall option somewhere in the setup menu but I can't see the top-half of the screen!
Can somebody tell me which of the three setup screens it's on and which button to press? Thanks.
4th screen then FW_Up > FW_Press>FW_Left>FW_Press (this is for the latest release)

Last edited by thomass; 11-17-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #132
spamface
spamface began at the beginning.

Brilliant! Many, many thanks. Nerve-racking few moments when I could see the broken outline of a messagebox but not know what I was agreeing to good thing I trust this place. Now to sell my sob-story to customer service.
spamface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #133
kindlecs
kindlecs began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
Hi, i want to install duokan lite in my k3 with firm 3.2.1. I've installed jailbreak and launchpad but now i don´t know how can i install duokan lite without uninstall jailbreak. It´s possible can anyone explain me how can i do??
thanks!!
kindlecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:46 PM   #134
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlecs View Post
Hi, i want to install duokan lite in my k3 with firm 3.2.1. I've installed jailbreak and launchpad but now i don´t know how can i install duokan lite without uninstall jailbreak. It´s possible can anyone explain me how can i do??
thanks!!
you should uninstall jailbreak first. However you can install jailbreak after installing Dlite.
(if it fails, you may need to reset Kindle to factory defaults to install Duokan Lite also.)
Unfortunately, update method is only way to install Duokan Lite if you did not install it before.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:30 PM   #135
kindlecs
kindlecs began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
hi it appears error 007, must i reset the kindle or i'm doing anything wrong??

thanks
kindlecs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf