Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 11:13 PM   #1
RandallFlagg
Hey Trashcan Man
RandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook color, prs 505, Axim x30, psp, Acer Aspire One [running xp]
waiting if converting more than 1 book

I using the latest version of Calibre. When I'm converting more than one book, the first book start working and the others are waiting. After the first book finishes, the other books stay in waiting and the next book doesn't start working. Occasionally I can click on the waiting and it will change to a gear and work. Other times I just have to convert it again. Is there a fix so that I can leave it unattended to convert more than one title.
RandallFlagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:02 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I think there is a more generic problem in that if you convert multiple books, some of them can be left in that state. In particular in my experience this tends to happen if there are any errors reported during conversion. I simply remove them and re-add them for converting. I have not spotted a specific pattern that tells you in advance when that specific books will be left in this state.

I think Kovid has said elsewhere that this problem will not fixed until he has a chance to rewrite the whole job management sub-system.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert