Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-23-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
Edd666666
Enthusiast
Edd666666 began at the beginning.

Device: none
how to post finished book in mobi to kindle?

Hi, I have gotten my book to the point on mobicreator that it says I can view it on my PC. I wasn't able to figure out how to do that, but what I really want to do it, get the file out of mobicreator now that it is finished and post it to kindle. Can anyone tell me how to move a file that is in the stage where it says you can view it on your pc or mobilphone, and actually get it posted to kindle? Thanks, Ed
Edd666666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd666666 View Post
Hi, I have gotten my book to the point on mobicreator that it says I can view it on my PC. I wasn't able to figure out how to do that, but what I really want to do it, get the file out of mobicreator now that it is finished and post it to kindle. Can anyone tell me how to move a file that is in the stage where it says you can view it on your pc or mobilphone, and actually get it posted to kindle? Thanks, Ed

Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
To read the ebook on your PC, download Windows MobiPocket Reader.

Note that you can turn on standard compression when building the ebook.

You obviously need to have your Kindle attached via USB to your PC before dragging the PRC file to the Kindle's folder. An alternative is to email the PRC file to your Kindle account and have it downloaded via Whispernet.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #4
Edd666666
Enthusiast

Hi Andybaby, thanks for the fast and really clear answer. When I click the build section I do not have the encryption option and then in the next step where it says you can view it on pc, I do not have an option shown to open folder containing ebook. I just have the option to view on on mobile phone or pc, no third option shown there. Any suggestions on how to get there if it is not shown as an option? Thanks for your help, Ed.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #5
Edd666666
Enthusiast

Hi Wallcraft, thanks for the reply, I wasn't clear on what I was trying to do with kindle. I am trying to use kindle as a book for amazon to sell, not for me to read it. So my objective is to upload it to Kindle for sale on amazon. Thanks, Ed.
Advert
Old 01-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
When I click the build section I do not have the encryption option and then in the next step where it says you can view it on pc, I do not have an option shown to open folder containing ebook.
You probably have the "home" edition of MobiPocket Creator. I suggest switching to the publisher edition, downloadable from here. Windows MobiPocket Reader is also downloadable from there, or you can find it from the main MobiPocket web page.

Before switching Creator versions, make a note of which directory the ebook is in (Where is my publication stored?). Just it case it isn't listed under "recent publications" in the Publisher edition.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:26 PM   #7
wallcraft
reader

Quote:
I am trying to use kindle as a book for amazon to sell, not for me to read it.
You can upload the PRC file to Amazon DTP, see Uploading and Converting Content.

I suggest reviewing the PRC first on your PC using Windows MobiPocket Reader. Make sure the author and title show up correctly in the library view (this is where the Publisher version of Creator may be useful, it allows editing all the metadata). Also check that there is a table of contents entry under the "Contents" icon in the reading view. Another option is to use a Kindle-like emulator skin (skins for mobipocket emulator).
Old 01-23-2009, 02:32 PM   #8
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Switch to the publishers version.

and to get to the PRC now, go to, My Documents/My Pubilications and look for the book you created.

if you still cant find it. install everything http://www.voidtools.com/ it will take less than a Minute to index your computer, then just search for ".prc" and it will show you all prc files on your computer.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:58 PM   #9
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi Wallcraft, thanks for the reply, I wasn't clear on what I was trying to do with kindle. I am trying to use kindle as a book for amazon to sell, not for me to read it. So my objective is to upload it to Kindle for sale on amazon. Thanks, Ed.
You need to create an account on Amazon's Digital Text Platform. From there, you can upload your text (from Mobi, or from other popular apps like Word), set your details (title, price, description, etc), and upload it with a click (and a wait of the better part of a day in the beginning).
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote