Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
imsoawesome
Enthusiast
imsoawesome is no ebook tyro.imsoawesome is no ebook tyro.imsoawesome is no ebook tyro.imsoawesome is no ebook tyro.imsoawesome is no ebook tyro.imsoawesome is no ebook tyro.imsoawesome is no ebook tyro.imsoawesome is no ebook tyro.imsoawesome is no ebook tyro.imsoawesome is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Touch
Text covers instead of images

I posted this on the cover post a bit back but my problem is different from the wrong cover showing so I created this new thread.

My covers mostly are displaying fine but some titles are displaying text based covers even though they have actual image covers that are visible on calibre, my android phone and in my old kobo.

I recently exchanged my glo due to defect and had to re-add my library in one shot. Could this be why some covers aren't generating? I searched the forums and saw that it could reach image capacity at about 2500 books but I only have 700! I also just added 4 new books and those covers are not generating either. I would say 1/6 books has no cover.

I tried the suggestions in the "wrong cover" thread to see if it triggered the kobo to generate these covers but it hasn't worked.

For the books not showing the image covers: they show text covers when in sleep mode or on the home page, but when in library view there are simply blank areas where covers should be.

Anyone have a fix for this issue?
imsoawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
If you are using calibre to send books to the Kobo internal memory you can configure the Kobo Touch driver to send all 3 thumbnails per book at the same time. Have you tried this?

Prefs - Plugins - Device Interface - Kobo Touch - Customize plugin and check the 2 boxes Upload covers for books and Always upload covers plus the checkbox Upload Black & White covers is optional.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert