i like cheese 13 25.49%
i have no idea (but i'm a little scared) 11 21.57%
i have no idea (but i'm deeply intrigued) 18 35.29%
tch. a silly lurker, obviously ! 8 15.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Secret Identity

Lady Blue ostensibly joined MR the 5th of march 2009. this is her second post :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Before I noticed you created a pole, I intended to muse:

Desertgrandma, giving directions, to Marc's next party, 3 weeks ago from yesterday's tomorrow, because Ricky's lost, with a very big stick.

Or maybe . . .

pshrynk, and $300 for the laddy at the door, next to the fish, 2 hours since before his 47th post, to corrupt the squirrel, with a llama.

But honestly, I might have to say . . .

ALL of you, MobileReading, here, all the time, because you're addicted, with the blue ones, zaney carters, gibbons and DixieGal's new travel tank on wheels (that's how.)

(But I was never here.)
pshrynk was the first to notice something surprising :
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
That was post #2 folks! This is either a serious lurker or a speed reader. Or the MR software has come to life and has made its own account.

Should that be a choice in the poll?
so who do you think she is ?

(wait for the poll !)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
There's a 'serious lurker' option, but not a 'silly lurker' one!!
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
There's a 'serious lurker' option, but not a 'silly lurker' one!!
no worries, i'll just add that on.

i presume you would have voted for it, so i'll count 2 to start with.

it does seem like the obvious answer, now that you mention it.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #4
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Is this multiple choice?

I want to be prepared if it's decided I'm a split personality.

Are the judge's decisions final?

Can I appeal in case the verdit is the squid thingy? I don't want to be the squid thingy ! ! !
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Is this multiple choice?
all the best polls are.

Quote:
I want to be prepared if it's decided I'm a split personality.
that is a wise decision.

i agree.

(stop it !)

Quote:
Are the judge's decisions final?
always ! except in the case they change their minds (psst. i recommend chocolate. it's very persuasive. or just ask ravenne for some tips.)

Quote:
Can I appeal in case the verdit is the squid thingy? I don't want to be the squid thingy ! ! !
you should be careful what you say, you might offend the squid (unless this is just a cunning ruse to divert attention from your true identity, which would be just like a squid... that's what the ink is for...), and although he's non verbal, he's deeply sensitive and emotive.

plus, that ink is *really* hard to get out.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:37 PM   #6
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
That's my point. THE SQUID already IS, and I don't want to transgress on his turf or step on his tentacles so to speak. I'm not that kind of blue. I'll just go sit in the corner until I'm summoned, Queen Z. I'll be quiet now.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
That's my point. THE SQUID already IS, and I don't want to transgress on his turf or step on his tentacles so to speak. I'm not that kind of blue. I'll just go sit in the corner until I'm summoned, Queen Z. I'll be quiet now.
okay, okay, i give up, you're not the squid !!! plenty of other options to choose from.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I went with ninja squirrels, obviously
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:09 PM   #9
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
If she had a bebook I would say Slite´s back. But it´s two Sonys...
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:59 PM   #10
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Where is the government operative option?

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Where is the government operative option?

-MJ
didn't you see it ? 12th option from the top.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:03 PM   #12
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
If she had a bebook I would say Slite´s back. But it´s two Sonys...
That implies there's another option missing: a Sony fan...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:07 PM   #13
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
didn't you see it ? 12th option from the top.
Ah, the squirrels threw me... They are usually mercenaries...

Ok, now I want ice cream...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #14
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
After a lot of deliberation and talks with my cat (who demands to set on my mouse) and even more cuddling of said cat, I came to the conclusion that the MR software has absorbed so much intelligence (or rather what it thinks is intelligence, I'm not sure I'd agree on its definition, but that's a bit beside the point) that it has come to life.

I'm deeply intrigued by and also a little scared of this event. Is this the end of civilization as we know it? Will the software now turn on the rest of the world and try to merge with other fora? Or will it be satisfied with just the fact that it finally managed to come alive?

I think only time will tell, and let us hope for the best!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:29 PM   #15
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Lady Blue already admits to being next to the fish and the fish we already know is part of the greater Planethead empire (North American Division) so perhaps she is a friend of Taylor's and that would also account for the short time as a member with a long reach for the history of the Lounge. (Then again, "Lady Blue" was a character in Harry Chapin's song, Taxi or Billy Holiday's nickname.)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote