Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 10:33 PM   #16
kblair210
Enthusiast
kblair210 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandorf View Post
[*]Sideloaded items are shown alongside B&N books, and will have covers if the file is correctly formatted.[*]EDIT: Covers do not seem to show for PDF documents, doing more research.
There's (supposedly) a known issue with the NC and sideloaded books not showing covers, or not always showing covers correctly. (See other thread(s) on this forum in regards to this) From what someone else said, B&N is aware and currently working on it.

The social media and home screen limitations on sideloaded books seriously irk me. I really do hope B&N reconsiders this. At least the social limitations. I bought a piece of hardware. I didn't buy a proprietary interface to their store.
kblair210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:35 AM   #17
ShadowDragon
Enthusiast
ShadowDragon has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblair210 View Post
I didn't buy a proprietary interface to their store.
Not to be contrary, but yes you and by extension, yes we did. Same for Kindle, we bought an e-reader (note: not an android tablet) Both companies vying for our e-book dollars. They have set up their flashy (ok, somewhat flashy) store front windows for us to peruse. Both have their issues and lucky for us, we have other solutions to tailor our experience to something we like better.

I, like you and others, don't like the library view the NC offers us, and I'm still looking for an alternative reader for my books.
ShadowDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:13 AM   #18
mon012
mon012 began at the beginning.

Device: nookcolor
greatful, big thanks
mon012 is offline   Reply With Quote