Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-05-2024, 07:55 PM   #751
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 5 & Mini 6
Have you read the Overview page at Maplepop's site? http://www.maplepop.com/web/mr/overview.php

They tout the SE/CE bundle for split view multitasking.
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 09:38 PM   #752
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by romad View Post
Have you read the Overview page at Maplepop's site? http://www.maplepop.com/web/mr/overview.php
No, I compared the product descriptions in the Apple App Store. I was hoping somebody familiar with the differences could point out what I was missing, because it seemed to me (with my limited understanding of the product) to be a pointless bundle. I’ve read the overview page now, and the top part is just the same description as the App Store descriptions. Why would you need CE if you have SE which has “all features”?

Which version do you use, and why? Thanks.

Quote:
They tout the SE/CE bundle for split view multitasking.
Is this to get around the limit of only one instance of an app running at a time? Could you tell me why I would need to utilize Split View? Thank you.

Last edited by Cootey; 04-05-2024 at 09:45 PM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 11:04 PM   #753
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 5 & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post

Which version do you use, and why? Thanks.

Is this to get around the limit of only one instance of an app running at a time? Could you tell me why I would need to utilize Split View? Thank you.

I have the SE version on both iPads and on my iPhone. I wanted something that could handle both ePubs and PDFs as a replacement for that piece of junk iBooks.

Sorry, I can't help with the Split View as I don't understand why there would be a need, myself. My eReader usage is very basic: just reading the books; no notes, annotation, etc.
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 03:01 AM   #754
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
According to the descriptions, CE has everything that SE has except PDF support and the library server. What am I missing?
IMHO you are missing nothing.

Split View or Slide Over could perhaps be useful for „scientific“ reading - for cross-reading and so on.
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mapleread