Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-01-2009, 04:43 AM   #1
rvdparis
Connoisseur
rvdparis doesn't litterrvdparis doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch + iPad 1 + iPhone 4
Mobipocket on Sony Reader

I know this question has been asked before, but I am in a quandary.

I want to buy a book that is $35 USD in mobipocket format AND $65 USD in Adobe PDF format on ONE EBOOK SITE! I imagine both are DRM-ed? This is on the CyberRead site.

Which do I buy if I want to use it with my Sony Reader? Thanks for any help.
R.
rvdparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:02 AM   #2
rvdparis
Connoisseur

Well, I solved my own problem; I bought the book I wanted on BooksonBoard for $40 USD in ADE format. But why such a steep price differential between mobipocket and other formats?
Advert
Old 12-02-2009, 05:00 AM   #3
raymondchen625
raymondchen625 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvdparis View Post
Well, I solved my own problem; I bought the book I wanted on BooksonBoard for $40 USD in ADE format. But why such a steep price differential between mobipocket and other formats?
We need an search engine to list the price of a book on different ebook websites. ^_^
raymondchen625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:03 AM   #4
quisvir
Addict
quisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondchen625 View Post
We need an search engine to list the price of a book on different ebook websites. ^_^
Something like these?

http://www.ebookprice.info
http://inkmesh.com
http://ebooks.addall.com
quisvir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:37 AM   #5
rvdparis
Connoisseur

Thanks, I did use inkmesh and ebookprice.info...i was just mad about the steep price gradient for the same book in different formats ON THE SAME VENDOR'S website (cyberread).
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 07:28 PM   #6
thename
Zealot
thename has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.thename has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.thename has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.thename has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-700, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvdparis View Post
I know this question has been asked before, but I am in a quandary.

I want to buy a book that is $35 USD in mobipocket format AND $65 USD in Adobe PDF format on ONE EBOOK SITE! I imagine both are DRM-ed? This is on the CyberRead site.

Which do I buy if I want to use it with my Sony Reader? Thanks for any help.
R.
Note for the future, that it is possible to read non-DRMed MobiPocket books on the Sony readers. You would have to take the "mobi" and "deDRM" it, though if it were DRMed. But this is generally easy.
thename is offline   Reply With Quote