Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-07-2018, 08:35 AM   #1
AnniSA
AnniSA began at the beginning.

Device: None
Question Help - new custom column

Hi everyone.

I need some help please. I need to put in an extra column in Calibre. The column basically need to be a yes/no selection column in which to select which books I want to send to a reader.

The reason is that my dad is in his 70s and want to pick his own books to read, but control+m is just looking for trouble.

How would I have to do it?
AnniSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:03 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Calibre has a "Yes/No" column type, so you can just add that (Preference, Add your own column). Then your father can use the arrow yes to select the book and then the column. Pressing F2 will edit it and use the up/down arrows to choose yes or no.

But, I'll also make my usual suggestion at this point... the Reading List plugin.

With this, you can create a list of books. You can create one that will automatically send the books to the device. The plugin supports keystrokes to add the books to a reading list or view the list.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2018, 08:24 AM   #3
AnniSA
AnniSA began at the beginning.

Device: None
Thank you so much. I will definitely do it.
AnniSA is offline   Reply With Quote