Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-08-2018, 07:25 PM   #376
picree
Connoisseur
picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
That's indeed potentially weird as hell (and would potentially move the blame to KUAL itself?).

You can try without gawk on the off-chance you're hitting a weird corner-case?
Well, nothing left to try but to Re-jailbreak.

1) I used all Terminal commands to decompress/extract ("tar -xvf"), remove ("rm -dvR"), and copy ("cp -pvR") all installers and files. This would rule out Keka and other weird corner cases.

2) I ran KUAL without gawk.

3) I reinstalled Python after everything else was installed.

LS (Calibre Plugin) only works through kterm. Print Battery/Device ID need multiple presses to write to the screen, and Backdoor Lock won't clear the screen. Minor things like adding black bars to the cover mode don't work either.

@knc1 noted this is operator error but I haven't hacked anything and have done this numerous times on two different kindles. Never bricked them and understand the workflow well.

It's like this version of KUAL isn't talking to the extensions correctly. Maybe I should try an older version of KUAL on this KOA with 5.8.5
picree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:15 PM   #377
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O
@picree: You can try the patched booklet build of KUAL if that's not already the case, in case it's another weird Oasis quirk.

Or another FW version, but I have no idea what's considered a good milestone on the KOA... (The final 5.8.x build, maybe?)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-08-2018 at 10:23 PM.
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2018, 09:06 PM   #378
picree
Connoisseur
picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@picree: You can try the patched booklet build of KUAL if that's not already the case, in case is another weird Oasis quirk.
Where would I find that? I'm using the latest snapshot 2.7.11 Jul 6th.

Never mind. I found it.

Thanks

Last edited by picree; 08-08-2018 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:58 AM   #379
picree
Connoisseur

Used the .bin unistaller for 2.7.11 and the .bin installer for the patched KUAL. The patched booklet build behaved the same. Found it here.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:03 AM   #380
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O
Yeah, that's the one. Then I'm out of ideas, which leaves the easy, grumpy FW explanation .
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert