Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-28-2014, 06:11 AM   #1
AcHI92131
AcHI92131 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
Kobo WiFi doesn't find any books

My Kobo WiFi doesn't recognize any ebooks at all.

Using Calibre I get the error message below :

unable to open database file
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 86, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 490, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 290, in books
OperationalError: unable to open database file

But I can transfer ebooks to the device. Its there but somehow Kobo is not finding them. If I use Kobo desktop the device is not found at all.

I reset (hard and software) the device many times without success.

I am very happy if someone could point me into the right direction.

Thanks and best regards, AcHI
AcHI92131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:30 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The calibre error sounds like the database is missing from the device. Is there a ".kobo" directory on the device? And does it contain a "KoboReader.sqlite" file?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2014, 07:33 AM   #3
AcHI92131

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The calibre error sounds like the database is missing from the device. Is there a ".kobo" directory on the device? And does it contain a "KoboReader.sqlite" file?
Thanks for your reply. There is no .kobo directory there :-( I just see the ebook and file driveinfo.

Is there a way to get it back ??

Last edited by AcHI92131; 02-28-2014 at 07:43 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:53 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That doesn't sound good. The factory reset should have formatted the partition and created the .kobo directory, the database and several other files. The directory is hidden if you are using a Mac or Linux system.

The only thing I can think of is that the internal SD card is failing. You could try creating the directory and putting an empty database on the device. There is a post somewhere here with a link to the database. Alternatively, you can open it and restore a disk image to the card or a new card to see if that fixes it.

Or, you can use this as an excuse to upgrade
Old 02-28-2014, 09:12 AM   #5
AcHI92131

Thanks a lot. I still have warranty so I will send it back.
Advert
Old 03-09-2014, 08:19 PM   #6
sergeyuskach
sergeyuskach began at the beginning.

Device: k0bo
Hi,
I have similar problems, my Kobo wifi drive is empty, and factory reset cannot recreate
sqllite file. what my option are ? Can some one share Kobo wifi factory image which I can try to copy on another 2 gig flash to recover my device ? Can I bring to to working condition back ?
Thank
sergeyuskach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:19 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I have sent a PM to sergeyuskach.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:12 PM   #8
Dave9911
Dave9911 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO
I'm in the same boat, after I connected my kobo wifi to my pc, the desktop software doesn't recognize it, and when I look on the drive (from windows), it's empty.
Dave9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Dave9911: I assume this was a request for the image, so I have sent you a PM. Alternatively, imaging the internal SD card to a new one would probably work. After that, you would want to format the data partition.

Other WiFi owners: Has anyone run tests on the SD card to see if it has errors? This sounds like a problem with the cards rather than the firmware.