Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #16
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
I ended up getting Lord and Lady Spy from DANL as my selection but I also purchased the Catherine Mann one on discount
I'm torn between these! I have read a few Galen in the past and they were decent, but the Mann one also sounds about the same amount of appealling! What to do? Anyone read either of them already?

I'm also a fan of the Richard and Rose series, but I'm all caught up with the books for now...
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #17
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I'm also a fan of the Richard and Rose series, but I'm all caught up with the books for now...
The next (and final for now anyway) book comes out next month...
http://store.samhainpublishing.com/lisbon-p-6826.html
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I'm torn between these! I have read a few Galen in the past and they were decent, but the Mann one also sounds about the same amount of appealling! What to do? Anyone read either of them already?

Get them both. You get an extra 15% discount making it $3.15 on the one that isn't free. So that's a pretty good deal.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:29 PM   #19
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Get them both. You get an extra 15% discount making it $3.15 on the one that isn't free. So that's a pretty good deal.
Add the code discover15 to get it for $2.68
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:07 AM   #20
Kiya
Addict
Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360
Melmac, thanks for the code.

I got Lord of Illusion by Kathryne Kennedy and Catherine Mann one on discount.

I hope you enjoy Lord and Lady Spy. I love that book and now I am waiting for the sequel.
Kiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #21
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I read the goodreads reviews on the Galen book and decided to go with the Mann! Hopefully they will have something more fun next month--the Samantha Grace books look interesting, and there are all those Heyers...
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #22
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
I ended up getting Lord and Lady Spy from DANL as my selection but I also purchased the Catherine Mann one on discount
I didn't use my credit last month so I used both credits this month to get them. I haven't read either of these series, so I bought all of the preceding books too, using the 15% discount.

It funny, because I don't read a lot of romance, but I do read a little bit and I liked their membership idea, so I signed up even though I wasn't interested in any of the selections last month. I'm apparently more open minded this month.

I'm so happy these threads started because I am finding that I've been pigeonholing "romance" and while there are a lot that I *don't* like to read, I'm finding there are almost as many that I *do* enjoy and these threads are helping me find them!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #23
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free at Amazon:

Witch Dance US DE by Peggy Webb, a paranormal romance or a romantic suspense first published with Fanfare in 1995.

Quote:
Someone is out to kill Dr. Kate Malone. But first they want to make her suffer...

Kate is the daughter of a Southern senator and fighting Irish to the hilt. When she came to Witch Dance to practice medicine under the guidance of her friend, Dr. Clayton Colbert, she expected to fall in love with the tribal lands of Okalahoma and its people. She never expected resistance and hostility to her clinic. And she certainly never expected death threats. But something evil is stalking Kate and the Chickasaw children.

Only one man can stop the deadly enemy - Eagle Mingo, son of the Chickasaw governor, destined by blood to follow in his father's footsteps and by fate to fall in love with a forbidden woman. Eagle will do anything to save Kate except shun the traditions that hold him fast to duty. But can he stop the evil spreading through his land and find a killer who calls himself the Avenger? Can he find a way to have the woman of his heart without breaking the heart of a Chickasaw nation? Follow Kate and Eagle's sensual and chilling journey to its stunning conclusion.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #24
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
There are a romantic suspense book and two erotic romances available at Carina Press for 0.99 each as mentioned in a separate thread.

Free at Amazon:

Trust in Me US DE by Beth Cornelison, a Harlequin author (contemporary romance).

Quote:
A hero for the rest of us?

Escaping the cheating fiancé and sheltered life her father has arranged for her, Claire Albritton wants nothing more than to take control of her life and learn to fight her own battles.

Kevin Fuller believes he must rescue damsels in distress and Claire is decidedly out of her element in small town South Carolina. When trouble inevitably finds Claire, Kevin's white knight protection and heroics are exactly what Claire doesn't want. But his kisses...that's another matter.
And two backlist ebooks by Theresa Weir aka Anne Frasier:

The Forever Man US DE

Quote:
Sweet romance originally published by Silhouette Books in 1988.
Heat rating: 1 out of 10

A single mother running a ranch in New Mexico hires a new hand who is looking to escape his real life. When Sommer finds out the man's secret, she knows he will leave, knows he won't stay with her forever. But Wade sets out to prove her wrong.
Long Night Moon US DE

Quote:
Long Night Moon was originally published in 1995 by Bantam Books. Theresa Weir wrote four books for Bantam. This was the fourth and last, written before she moved to Harper Collins.

This is a classic romance, not as well-known as some of Theresa's other titles, but it has held up well, possibly because of a plot that might have been a little too outside the lines for the time. It's a very dark topic, but the book has a lot of funny dialogue and HEA.

A popular romance trope is one in which the hero thinks the heroine is one thing, in this case an evil bitch, and treats her cruelly, only to discover that she'd not who he thinks she is, and then he spends many pages on his knees, full of remorse. And not only is Sara Ivy not who he thinks she is, she needs his help. In one scene, The hero has been watching her for days, hoping to get a shot for his tabloid. When he sees her walking to beach in the middle of the night, he thinks he'll get a photo of her with a lover.
But the lover ends up being Lake Michigan, and he must swim after Sara Ivy to keep her from committing suicide. Later, on the shore, she hands gives him his camera and tells him to take her picture. Which he does. He develops the photo, but never runs it in the paper.

This book has been compared to Sleeping With the Enemy, and rightly so.
A regency romance: The Earl Next Door US DE by Amanda Grange

Quote:
A Regency Romance. Tenth Anniversary Edition

Note: This book was originally published under the title of Anything But A Gentleman

Marianne is delighted when the empty estate next door is rented by an earl, but she soon finds that Luke, Lord Ravensford is anything but a gentleman! And yet with his dark hair and his dangerous air, she finds herself irresistibly drawn to him, despite the rumours that he has ruined her missing brother. But when the secret of Kit's disappearance is exposed, she finds herself drawn into an adventure which will test her love to the limits and reveal hidden depths to Luke and his profound feelings for her . . .

Amanda Grange: Humour, adventure and romance, with a guaranteed happy ending.

Likely to appeal to fans of Daphne du Maurier and Georgette Heyer
And some repeat freebies: Of Noble Birth by Brenda Novak and Poetic Justice by Alicia Rasley, two historical romances.

Last edited by Britomart; 05-03-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #25
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Add the code discover15 to get it for $2.68
Is that code still good? I just tried it and had no luck. (I'm a DANL member)
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #26
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Used it lastnight! Twice! Try a couple times, to be sure.
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #27
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wald07 View Post
Used it lastnight! Twice! Try a couple times, to be sure.
Nope, still doesn't work for me. Maybe it's expired - oh well!
Old 05-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #28
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane A View Post
Nope, still doesn't work for me. Maybe it's expired - oh well!
It appears to be case-sensitive. Enter discover15
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #29
Jane A
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
It appears to be case-sensitive. Enter discover15
I even copy/pasted what you typed and no go. Is it for any book in their catalog or just specific ones?
Old 05-04-2012, 12:39 AM   #30
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane A View Post
I even copy/pasted what you typed and no go. Is it for any book in their catalog or just specific ones?
It was supposed to be a reward for signing up to their newsletter but others are finding it works are you logged in? I just applied it to a random book and it worked fine
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote