Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 11:43 AM   #751
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
@Amazon The Only Solution by Leigh Michaels

Publication Date: April 18, 2013
Wendy Miller adores the baby girl her dying friend left in her care, but when she loses her job, she has no choice but to call on Rory's family for help. What she doesn’t count on is that Mack Burgess wants to raise his niece.

Mack’s wealthy and powerful, and he could take Rory away from her in an instant. But Rory’s attached to Wendy – so Mack’s solution is to propose that they build a family for the baby’s sake.

In order to keep her baby, can Wendy actually marry the man she's come to love – even though he doesn't love her?

I have a lot of her older titles.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:43 PM   #752
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Christine Feehan's Leopard series is awesome (over-used, I know). You won't be sorry you got it. The characers and plot are complex and fascinating. I really enjoy reading the books in this series, when they come out.
Christine Feehan, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Lara Adrian, J. R. Ward and Kathleen Eagle are on mu must buy list. This authors I will cough up the shekels for full price, if I have to.
Advert
Old 05-31-2013, 12:55 PM   #753
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Ever feel like you're reading a book under duress? Well, that's me right now I'm reading a book I must finish by Saturday morning and I just can't seem to get into it. It's quite short and I could probably be done in under two hours but I can't concentrate, darn it. My mind is full of the Psy-Changeling series and that's all I want to read right now! I'm in trouble
I feel bad for you, can't imagine feeling 'forced' to read a book you don't want to. I did it once, swore I'd never 'force' myself to read a book again that I didn't want to.

Ok, you enablers, I've had Jacquelyn Frank on my wishlist for awhile, so I finally broke down and bought first 5 of Nightwalkers series [Kobo coupons of course]. I figured I'd do that to appease the guilt I felt for not reading Nalini Singh with you all. [maybe I'll get a good deal on a bundle of hers down the road, but I'm not shelling out $9+ per book, just can't do it!]

ETA: Tangled people - I emailed the publisher too, it's not looking good, here was my reply from her:
Quote:
I haven't received a message from Kobo saying that they're carrying it. It was submitted Sorry!

Last edited by Blue2u; 05-31-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #754
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
ETA: Tangled people - I emailed the publisher too, it's not looking good, here was my reply from her:
Darn Kobo.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:54 PM   #755
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Quote:
Ok, you enablers, I've had Jacquelyn Frank on my wishlist for awhile, so I finally broke down and bought first 5 of Nightwalkers series [Kobo coupons of course]. I figured I'd do that to appease the guilt I felt for not reading Nalini Singh with you all. [maybe I'll get a good deal on a bundle of hers down the road, but I'm not shelling out $9+ per book, just can't do it!]
I just did this same exact thing for the same exact reason. Okay, not exactly the same - I broke down and bought Julie Anne Long's Pennyroyal Green series that's been on sale. Blame SBTB. She posted a reminder the sale was ending June 3 and I was feeling bummed about Singh's series, so in a weak moment, I one-clicked. Seven times. Okay, so several weak moments

[As an aside - I've been posting previously under a different username (my most recent post was about not being willing to pay the price for the Singh series). I didn't feel comfortable with that name so re-registered with this one. So my post #s and Karma are woefully low again Anyway, wanted to say something in case ya'll are wondering why I'm responding as if I'm in the middle of the convo.]

ETA - And I really thought I'd get to Sunday with less than a handful of books to report! HA!

Last edited by laurla; 05-31-2013 at 01:57 PM. Reason: additional thought
Advert
Old 05-31-2013, 02:06 PM   #756
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ararose View Post
Edit: Sorry, it's Shana Abe, not Shannon! I haven't had coffee yet this morning!
For those that follow (and those that don't, check it out), but AJH just today posted his review of Shana Abe's The Smoke Thief (here).

Brilliant review, as always... and makes me want to check it out. HE is an enabler, or at least his reviews are
Old 05-31-2013, 02:22 PM   #757
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Free @ Amazon

Heartfire by Karen Rose Smith
(Search For Love series)

Darkness Awakened by Stephanie Rowe
(Order of the Blade, Book One)

Can't Stop Loving You by Peggy Webb
(Forever Friends, Book 1 of 4)

Donovan's Angel by Peggy Webb
(The Donovans of the Delta)

Double Dare by Rhonda Nelson

Indies:
Seduced by Innocence by Kimberly Kinrade
A New Adult Paranormal Romance of Shifters & Witches
(Rose's Trilogy, #1) (The Seduced Saga)

Stained (YA Paranormal Romance) (Stained Series) by Ella James

My last Judith E. French book: By Love Alone (1987) arrived today! I paid 99 cents for a book in Very Good condition from Alibris and the book is in like new condition. I is happy!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:32 PM   #758
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurla View Post
... so in a weak moment, I one-clicked. Seven times.
This brought to mind a line from the movie Chicago: "... he ran into my knife ten times."

Spoiler:
June: I'm standin' in the kitchen, carving up a chicken for dinner, minding my own business, when in storms my husband, Wilbur, in a jealous rage. "You've been screwing the milkman," he said. He was crazy, and he kept on screaming, "You've been screwing the milkman." And then he ran into my knife... he ran into my knife ten times.

(I couldn't resist, I had to google it )
Old 05-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #759
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I just did this same exact thing for the same exact reason. Okay, not exactly the same - I broke down and bought Julie Anne Long's Pennyroyal Green series that's been on sale. Blame SBTB. She posted a reminder the sale was ending June 3 and I was feeling bummed about Singh's series, so in a weak moment, I one-clicked. Seven times. Okay, so several weak moments

:
I've bought the Pennyroyal series as they've gone on sale. Although Overdrive seems to have them all. The $1.99 was a great deal but I had all but the last one I believe by then.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:38 PM   #760
laurla
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
This brought to mind a line from the movie Chicago: "... he ran into my knife ten times."

Spoiler:
June: I'm standin' in the kitchen, carving up a chicken for dinner, minding my own business, when in storms my husband, Wilbur, in a jealous rage. "You've been screwing the milkman," he said. He was crazy, and he kept on screaming, "You've been screwing the milkman." And then he ran into my knife... he ran into my knife ten times.

(I couldn't resist, I had to google it )
I do love that movie!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:41 PM   #761
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:

Oh you're gonna love the Nightwalker series! My favorites are Jacob, Gideon and Adam. My least favorite was Noah and I think that was because I was looking forward to that book the most because I fell in love with him in the previous books then writer showed us his story and it just wasn't what I was expecting. This happen also to me with Luke Stark from the Rock Chick books. It's taught me to be cautious till I've heard the hero's story before deciding if I like him.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #762
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattncat View Post
Christine Feehan's Leopard series is awesome (over-used, I know). You won't be sorry you got it. The characers and plot are complex and fascinating. I really enjoy reading the books in this series, when they come out.
Christine Feehan, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Lara Adrian, J. R. Ward and Kathleen Eagle are on mu must buy list. This authors I will cough up the shekels for full price, if I have to.
I will add go see if my library has the first one and jump in line.

I love Lara Adrian! J.R. Ward not so much. Kathleen Eagle is an autobuy for me too. I love her books.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:50 PM   #763
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I'm not sure you and I overlap a lot on our tastes (I really can't stand Western historical romance, for example ), but I'll share that I loved the Dark-Hunters at first. I always like a romance with a tortured hero. Not sure what that says about me.

But while I thought the series had a goal at one point, it always seemed to me that once she got popular, she just lost all track of where it was heading. I stopped reading at Acheron, mostly because I just had to know how she handled his story...but I haven't had much interest in picking any more of her books up since.
Yep! yep! I love tortured heroes too. This is why I love the Midnight Breed series I think Andreas' story (Book 6) was one of the best I have read. The angst was just oh woweee....Now that's a tortured hero. It's rare for a minor character to have the best story out of a series.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:55 PM   #764
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:

[As an aside - I've been posting previously under a different username (my most recent post was about not being willing to pay the price for the Singh series). I didn't feel comfortable with that name so re-registered with this one. So my post #s and Karma are woefully low again Anyway, wanted to say something in case ya'll are wondering why I'm responding as if I'm in the middle of the convo.]

ETA - And I really thought I'd get to Sunday with less than a handful of books to report! HA!
LOL, I'll throw some karma your way, enabler!

Loosheesh, OMG, , literally LOL.

So much for all our 'oh, this week I'm gonna be good'. ENABLERS!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:56 PM   #765
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:

What about Robin D. Owen's Celta series? It's kind of similar to Jayne Castle's Curtain series, sort of a Sci-Fi + Paranormal Romance.
I haven't read either. Is it bad I've never read anything by Jayne Castle or her other aliases? Although I just bought one of her older paranormals.

Quote:
I also did the same thing on Lora Leigh's Breed series, which is a shame, because I really did like that series. Maybe I should give it another try. Hmmm....
Lora Leigh Breeds series was the first ebooks I've ever read. I am on Dawn's Awakening. I will go back to it someday.
Closed Thread