Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-25-2016, 09:09 AM   #1
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Hardware Disable Wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacz
Hi
At first merry christmas
I think you are in few on the globe who can help
Is it possible to manually (in hardware) dissconnect WiFi .Just break some circut or something in PW3.To prevent accidental connection.
I can see inside Atheros wireless card but where is the antena.How to break it
http://www.myfixguide.com/manual/ama...te-3-teardown/
cheers
Yes, it is possible.
It requires modification of the printed circuit board.
A modification you will not be able to undo.
You will have to damage your PW-3, and it will be damaged forever.
Not Recommended

There are two Wifi antennas, anyone who can read the silk screen on the board can find them, they are labeled.
https://objects-us-west-1.dream.io/o...-Wifi-Ants.jpg

Your:
"to prevent accidental activation"
tells me you have not run any of the more recent firmware versions.
That is: You haven't seen the 'quick menu' (which is where airplane mode is now).

Do not remove the printed antennas from the printed circuit board.
Instead, tell me what you are afraid you will 'accidentally' connect to.

Also:
Try one of the newer firmware versions with the quick menu.
Then tell me why airplane mode will not work for you.
If you are afraid to connect to Amazon, why will the BBB firewall not work for you?
Is this a blacklisted (stolen) Kindle?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote