Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-06-2018, 09:35 AM   #181
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramana View Post
Thank you. Could you tell steps to install koreader in Onyx Boox i86 hdml plus ?
There should be an option to install an .apk file when it is selected on an Android device.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:18 AM   #182
Ramana
Connoisseur
Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ramana can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox i86 Hdml plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
There should be an option to install an .apk file when it is selected on an Android device.

Luck;
Ken
Thanks. Actually, linux arm version worked fine on Onyx Boox i86 hdml plus.
Frequently the app is not responding and when reflow is on in landscape mode page footer is shown at right side.
Ramana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2018, 10:36 AM   #183
KenVu
KenVu began at the beginning.

Device: Android
is it possible to add the source code into my Android application?

is it possible to add the source code into my Android application?
KenVu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 09:24 AM   #184
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@KenVu: IANAL, but we're licensed under the AGPL-3, so the answer is probably going to be no, unless you fit the very specific constraints of being AGPL-3 compatible.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 03:18 PM   #185
iterati
Zealot
iterati doesn't litteriterati doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V3, RCA REB1100, iPaq 214
Hi.
All nightly versions for android after g637abfd_2018-08-07 is crashing upon loading epub files (the file manager as well html files work). Tested on a Boyue T62D with the latest official firmware.
iterati is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2018, 03:55 PM   #186
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@iterati: Just to make it perfectly clear:

* what's the last working version on your device?
* what's the first broken version on your device?

(So we can better figure out which sets of commits might have introduced the regression, and why).

EDIT: Also, a log of the crash would be mightily helpful.
EDIT²: Which you should be able to get over ADB via
Code:
adb logcat 'luajit-launcher:D KOReader:D *:S'
according to our doc .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-07-2018 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:14 PM   #187
iterati
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@iterati: Just to make it perfectly clear:

* what's the last working version on your device?
* what's the first broken version on your device?
The latest working is g637abfd_2018-08-07. After that all versions (from g7e68027_2018-08-10) crash on epup loading. Renaming the koreader dir (with all settings) and starting from scratch it doesn't help.

If it's not common for all android I can check for logs tomorrow (it's late here).
Old 09-07-2018, 05:51 PM   #188
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@iterati: I have a sinking feeling it's going to be related to the libjpeg-turbo bump, so, yeah, logs would be helpful .

EDIT: FWIW, everything OK on my end on Android 7.1.2 on a Nexus 5.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-07-2018 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:32 AM   #189
iterati
Zealot

It doesn't appear to include anything useful:

Code:
I/KOReader(21057): DEBUG Hyphenation: keeping current crengine algo: English_US_hyphen_(Alan).pdb
I/KOReader(21057): DEBUG CreDocument: requesting DOM version: 20180528
I/KOReader(21057): DEBUG CreDocument: loading document...
It loads the plugins, sets hinting, kerning etc and ultimately it dies.

Meanwhile, if anyone is aware of a firmware for a compatible device to T62D (gmini, energy sistem etc) that works, let me know please.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:18 AM   #190
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@iterati: Does it just hang, or does it crash/get killed by something?

I have no idea how to get crashdumps out of Android, but if it's not a "simple" hang, that'd be helpful .
Old 09-08-2018, 12:12 PM   #191
iterati
Zealot

Quote:
Does it just hang, or does it crash/get killed by something?
Here is the issue I think:
Code:
F/libc    (26864): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0xdeadbaad (code=1), thread 26876 (reader.launcher)
26864 was the koreader process.
Code:
I/DEBUG   (   92): backtrace:
I/DEBUG   (   92):     #00  pc 0001a722  /system/lib/libc.so
I/DEBUG   (   92):     #01  pc 00018798  /system/lib/libc.so (abort+4)
I/DEBUG   (   92):     #02  pc 00018b70  /system/lib/libc.so (longjmp+104)
I/DEBUG   (   92):     #03  pc 00018b70  /system/lib/libc.so (longjmp+104)
I/DEBUG   (   92):     #04  pc 00018b70  /system/lib/libc.so (longjmp+104)
It doesn't hang, it terminates by itself.

Last edited by iterati; 09-08-2018 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:25 PM   #192
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yeah, it segfaults, and the backtrace is thoroughly unhelpful, as usual w/ LuaJIT...
Old 09-08-2018, 12:27 PM   #193
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Can you post the startup log, when it's loading libraries?

I'd like to make sure it's not picking up a stray system library instead of our bundled ones, because that sure feels like a libjpeg ABI mismatch (that's the only vaguely relevant change in that commit window), which shouldn't happen if everything's doing what they ought to...
Old 09-08-2018, 01:25 PM   #194
iterati
Zealot

Quote:
Can you post the startup log, when it's loading libraries?
Here it is:

Code:
I/KOReader(26864): try to load module libs/libkoreader-cre.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libkoreader-cre.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - sys_dlopen - loading library libluajit.so
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libcrengine.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libkoreader-cre.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libcrengine.so
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libz.so.1 for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libcrengine.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libz.so.1
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libc.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libz.so.1
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /system/lib/libc.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - sys_dlopen - loading library /system/lib/libc.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - sys_dlopen - loading library /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libz.so.1
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libfreetype.so.6 for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libcrengine.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libfreetype.so.6
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libc.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libfreetype.so.6
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /system/lib/libc.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - sys_dlopen - loading library /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libfreetype.so.6
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libharfbuzz.so.0 for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libcrengine.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libharfbuzz.so.0
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libm.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libharfbuzz.so.0
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /system/lib/libm.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - sys_dlopen - loading library /system/lib/libm.so
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libfreetype.so.6 for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libharfbuzz.so.0
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libfreetype.so.6
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libc.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libfreetype.so.6
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - sys_dlopen - loading library /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libfreetype.so.6
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libc.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libharfbuzz.so.0
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - sys_dlopen - loading library /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libharfbuzz.so.0
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libjpeg.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libcrengine.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libjpeg.so
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libc.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libjpeg.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - sys_dlopen - loading library /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libjpeg.so
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libpng16.so.16 for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libcrengine.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libpng16.so.16
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libz.so.1 for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libpng16.so.16
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libz.so.1
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libc.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libz.so.1
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - sys_dlopen - loading library /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libz.so.1
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libm.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libpng16.so.16
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /system/lib/libm.so
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libc.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libpng16.so.16
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - sys_dlopen - loading library /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libpng16.so.16
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libm.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libcrengine.so
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libc.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libcrengine.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - sys_dlopen - loading library /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libcrengine.so
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libm.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libkoreader-cre.so
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libc.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libkoreader-cre.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - sys_dlopen - loading library /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libkoreader-cre.socket
Old 09-08-2018, 01:32 PM   #195
iterati
Zealot

Plus some extra:

Code:
I/KOReader(26864): try to load module common/socket/score.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/common/socket/score.so
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libc.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/common/socket/score.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - sys_dlopen - loading library /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/common/socket/score.so
I/KOReader(26864): try to load module common/ssl.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/common/ssl.so
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libssl.so.1.0.0 for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/common/ssl.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libssl.so.1.0.0
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libcrypto.so.1.0.0 for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libssl.so.1.0.0
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libc.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - sys_dlopen - loading library /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libc.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libssl.so.1.0.0
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - sys_dlopen - loading library /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libssl.so.1.0.0
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libcrypto.so.1.0.0 for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/common/ssl.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libc.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - sys_dlopen - loading library /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/libs/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libc.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/common/ssl.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - sys_dlopen - loading library /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/common/ssl.so
I/KOReader(26864): try to load module common/mime/mcore.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/common/mime/mcore.so
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libc.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/common/mime/mcore.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - sys_dlopen - loading library /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/common/mime/mcore.so
I/KOReader(26864): ffi.load sqlite3
I/KOReader(26864): ffi.load ./libs/libsqlite3.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/./libs/libsqlite3.so
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libz.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/./libs/libsqlite3.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /system/lib/libz.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - sys_dlopen - loading library /system/lib/libz.so
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libm.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/./libs/libsqlite3.so
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libc.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/./libs/libsqlite3.so
I/KOReader(26864): INFO  Plugin  plugins/hello.koplugin/main.lua  has been disabled.
I/KOReader(26864): ffi.load z
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /system/lib/libz.so
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libc.so for /system/lib/libz.so
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libstdc++.so for /system/lib/libz.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /system/lib/libstdc++.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - sys_dlopen - loading library /system/lib/libstdc++.so
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libm.so for /system/lib/libz.so
I/KOReader(26864): ffi.load sqlite3
I/KOReader(26864): ffi.load ./libs/libsqlite3.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - dl.dlopen - library lname detected /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/./libs/libsqlite3.so
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libz.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/./libs/libsqlite3.so
I/KOReader(26864): dl.lua - sys_dlopen - loading library /system/lib/libz.so
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libm.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/./libs/libsqlite3.so
I/KOReader(26864):          dl.dlopen - opening needed libc.so for /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/./libs/libsqlite3.so