Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-04-2020, 04:32 PM   #46
findog88
findog88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2
I am getting the same problem where no touch inputs are being registered on my kobo auro h2o
findog88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 08:22 AM   #47
thangcuoi
thangcuoi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
The UI looks great. Unfortunately, I am also experiencing no touch on my Kobo Glo, launching from Nickel, running along side KOReader and Plato.

After launching UMR, it turn off front light and won't response to the hardware button to turn the front light back on.
thangcuoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2020, 10:59 PM   #48
expired
expired began at the beginning.

Device: Forma
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I've installed NickelMenu to KOBOeReader/.kobo. Then, I've copied Ultimate Manga Reader to the root of D:\ (KOBOeReader), but I'm not seeing anything other than 100s of different icons, in my Books.
expired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 12:31 AM   #49
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by expired View Post
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I've installed NickelMenu to KOBOeReader/.kobo. Then, I've copied Ultimate Manga Reader to the root of D:\ (KOBOeReader), but I'm not seeing anything other than 100s of different icons, in my Books.
You copied the NickelMenu koboroot.tgz file in the .kobo directly, safely ejected your Kobo and let it install? You then saw NickelMenu in the lower right corner of the home screen.

You then copied the two directories in the UltimateMangaReader.zip file into the root of the Kobo exposed storage?

Did you modify the configuration file for NickelMenu to add a launch action for UMR? Something like:

Code:
# Launch UMR directly via NM
menu_item : main : UMR : cmd_spawn : quiet : exec /mnt/onboard/.adds/UltimateMangaReadeer/ultimatemangareader.sh
Please not that I haven't tested this. I just matched the NM launch code for Plato & KOReader. The lines are in the attached config-NM.txt file located in .adds/nm which also adds a few other actions for NickelMenu.

As for the hundreds of icons, you will want to add the following line under the [FeatureSettings] header in Kobo eReader.conf

Code:
ExcludeSyncFolders=\\.(?!kobo(?!/screensaver_old)|adobe).*?
One note is that the line excludes a screensaver_old directory from playing with using NM to toggle the screensaver from using the screensaver directory to using the book cover.

Edit: You might to check the One-Click Install package for NickelMenu/Kfmon/KOReader and/or Plato.

Edit2: Tried it on my Clara HD and UMR launches, WiFi turns on but no touch input.
Attached Files
File Type: txt config-NM.txt (4.4 KB, 299 views)

Last edited by DNSB; 12-13-2020 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Edit: added suggestion to use the OCP package and uncommented UMR launch line
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:05 PM   #50
expired

Adding the FeatureSettings in the kobo conf worked awesome, thank you!

Adding that to the Nicklemenu doesn't launch UMR. If I go to Books > and click on UMR, it comes up, but my screen completely dims. Touching 'Home' or 'Favorites' doesn't seem to do much. It just gets stuck on that page.

Anyone else having issues with this on the Forma?
Advert
Old 12-13-2020, 05:43 PM   #51
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

AFAIR, adding that setting under [FeatureSettings] will cause file deletion when the files are removed. You will need to re-install the NM/UMR/whatever other packages.
Old 12-13-2020, 05:59 PM   #52
expired

But re-adding that will just cause the files to be under 'Books', wouldn't it?
Old 12-13-2020, 06:07 PM   #53
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
But re-adding that will just cause the files to be under 'Books', wouldn't it?
???? UMR installs it's files under .adds and kfmonicons. The line you added under [FeatureSettings] excludes some directories from being scanned for new books during the import process so only the UMR icon in kfmonicons should be added to your books. Without KFMON installed, it's a do nothing.

The OCP script adds that line for you.
Old 12-13-2020, 06:07 PM   #54
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Nope, that's the whole point of the exclusion regex .

EDIT: Too late ;p.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 07:12 PM   #55
expired

Here's a video of what I'm experiencing. Touch inputs are inversed, and the screen becomes incredibly dim.

https://streamable.com/cxv3om

Here's my nm config file:
Quote:
menu_item :main ump Syslog :cmd_spawn :logread > /mnt/onboard/.adds/syslog.log
menu_item :main :Kernel Version :cmd_output :500:uname -a
menu_item :main :Sketch Pad :nickel_extras :sketch_pad
menu_item :main :UMR :cmd_spawn :quiet :exec /mnt/onboard/.adds/UltimateMangaReadeer/ultimatemangareader.sh
generator :main :kfmon
menu_item :reader :Invert Screen :nickel_setting :toggle :invert
menu_item :reader :Invert Orientation :nickel_orientation :invert
menu_item :main :IP Address :cmd_output :500:/sbin/ifconfig | /usr/bin/awk '/inet addr/{print substr($2,6)}'
menu_item :main :Telnet :cmd_spawn :quiet:/bin/mount -t devpts | /bin/grep -q /dev/pts || { /bin/mkdir -p /dev/pts && /bin/mount -t devpts devpts /dev/pts; }
chain_success :cmd_spawn :quiet:/usr/bin/pkill -f "^/usr/bin/tcpsvd -E 0.0.0.0 1023" || true && exec /usr/bin/tcpsvd -E 0.0.0.0 1023 /usr/sbin/telnetd -i -l /bin/login
chain_success :dbg_toast :Started Telnet server on port 1023.
menu_item :main :FTP :cmd_spawn :quiet:/usr/bin/pkill -f "^/usr/bin/tcpsvd -E 0.0.0.0 1021" || true && exec /usr/bin/tcpsvd -E 0.0.0.0 1021 /usr/sbin/ftpd -w -t 30 /mnt/onboard
chain_success :dbg_toast :Started FTP server for KOBOeReader partition on port 1021.
menu_item :main :Telnet (toggle) :cmd_output :500:quiet :/usr/bin/pkill -f "^/usr/bin/tcpsvd -E 0.0.0.0 2023"
chain_success:skip:5
chain_failure :cmd_spawn :quiet :/bin/mount -t devpts | /bin/grep -q /dev/pts || { /bin/mkdir -p /dev/pts && /bin/mount -t devpts devpts /dev/pts; }
chain_success :cmd_spawn :quiet :exec /usr/bin/tcpsvd -E 0.0.0.0 2023 /usr/sbin/telnetd -i -l /bin/login
chain_success :dbg_toast :Started Telnet server on port 2023
chain_failure :dbg_toast :Error starting Telnet server on port 2023
chain_always:skip:-1
chain_success :dbg_toast :Stopped Telnet server on port 2023
menu_item :library :Import books :nickel_misc :rescan_books_full
menu_item :browser :Invert Screen :nickel_setting :toggle :invert
menu_item :browser :Open Pop-Up :nickel_browser :modal
I have kfmon and nm installed.
Old 12-13-2020, 07:22 PM   #56
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I'm fairly sure people have mentioned before that this would require tinkering to behave on other devices that those the dev tested.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 07:23 PM   #57
expired

Nevermind, I see my typo. Fixed it, and it works fine now
Old 12-13-2020, 08:57 PM   #58
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Nevermind, I see my typo. Fixed it, and it works fine now
If you mean the extra e in UltimateMangaReadeer? That was my fault. I shortened the name from UltimateMangaReader to UMR and somehow added the extra e. I reuploaded the nm config file but it seems you downloaded before I uploaded the correction.

My apologies for this.

Last edited by DNSB; 12-15-2020 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-15-2020, 02:42 PM   #59
Padraic73
Padraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five wordsPadraic73 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kindle Keyboard/Kobo Libra H2O
I'm looking for a good comic (.cbr) reader for my Libra, I was told this was the best to get. Looking through the thread it looks like there's a problem with it working correctly (no touch input) on the Libra H2O?
Padraic73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 05:17 PM   #60
nuetron
nuetron began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Unless OP gets a hand on a Libra H2O, there will not be any touch input for it. We are better off getting the same device as OP to get compatibility with this app.
nuetron is offline   Reply With Quote