Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 06-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
red_dragon
Daywalker
red_dragon is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Madshelf: author / title display for which formats?

Hi,

I have noticed that madshelf is able to display the title+author when the book is in epub or fb2 format. Does it also try to retrieve the metadata from normal html files? And if yes, where does it look for it?

It looks much nicer and I am slowly converting part of my collection to epub just for this reason but it would be awsome if this feature also exists for plain html files.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:06 AM   #2
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
No, extracting that information from html is not supported. A special plugin could be implemented, take a look at http://git.openinkpot.org/libextract...ee/src/plugins if you are a developer.
Advert
Old 06-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
red_dragon
Daywalker
red_dragon is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks, lunahood. In case I find some time, would it be enough if I send you the code and you add it to the repository and do the testing?

I remember that I looked at the instructions how to setup a build environment 2 years ago. It doesn't work without a Linux machine so I gave up on that.