Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 04:04 AM   #1
emen
Edge User

Bugs

I thought it would be nice to have a place where we can report minor bugs.

I have several things on mind:

- my LCD screen shows broken lines, lines are not straight and seem broken when I open menus in some applications and when I open the main menu clicking on the eDGe icon. The issue becomes very noticeable in landscape.

- the default browser just stops working after a few minutes (it shows blank pages) and I have to restart it.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:24 AM   #2
drsteve
Edge User

Yes I've noticed broken lines too

Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 05:44 AM   #3
dcubed2
Edge User

I've noticed Dolphin Browser going blank or turning itself off randomly, too. Sometimes it works well for hours, other times it goes wonky after just a few minutes. Was beginning to wonder if I should go back to the native browser, but it sounds like you're having the same issue.

I also get the broken lines, but the browser thing is much more annoying.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:45 AM   #4
Snepscheut
Edge User

Me to............. (10 char)

Old 08-06-2010, 02:07 AM   #5
emen
Edge User

I've tried Dolphin Browser, it also goes blank after two minutes tops. Now I cannot surf the Internet normally anymore, since I have to restart the browser all the time. The problem actually got worse after my posting .

As for the broken lines, I've noticed them after updating the Edge.

Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 07:33 AM   #6
dcubed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by emen View Post
I've tried Dolphin Browser, it also goes blank after two minutes tops. Now I cannot surf the Internet normally anymore, since I have to restart the browser all the time. The problem actually got worse after my posting .

As for the broken lines, I've noticed them after updating the Edge.
Bummer about Dolphin, mine blows up randomly, can be minutes or hours. Yesterday I got a force stop error - lost all saved info like user names and passwords.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:23 AM   #7
sjarrel
Edge User

I do have the Browser problems, but no broken lines.
Also the right parentesus of the keyboard does not work.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:24 AM   #8
mphoseeko
Edge User

I have also noticed the Dolphin Browser, stops after a while.
I had to stop running it.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:07 AM   #9
janvangastel
Edge User

I think I also found a bug. When in Word or excell (spreadsheet) in 'documents to go' the ) doesn't work. When I press ), it changes to ] and when I then press ] it changes back to ), but in both cases nothing appears in the documents. Is this a known bug, or should I report it somewhere to get it fixed? For me this is a major bug, because I almost can't use any formulae in the spreadsheet.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:20 AM   #10
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janvangastel View Post
I think I also found a bug. When in Word or excell (spreadsheet) in 'documents to go' the ) doesn't work. When I press ), it changes to ] and when I then press ] it changes back to ), but in both cases nothing appears in the documents. Is this a known bug, or should I report it somewhere to get it fixed? For me this is a major bug, because I almost can't use any formulae in the spreadsheet.
Jan, this is a known bug, see #8. I have mentioned it several times before and I hope that it wil be fixed soon. It is not only in 'documents to go'. It is a keyboardproblem.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:11 PM   #11
thorne
Edge User

Include me here. My browsers also bombs out regularly.

Last edited by thorne; 08-23-2010 at 07:45 PM.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:27 PM   #12
pat.indie
Edge User

I have noticed the broken lines in portrait mode; they disappear in landscape mode.

I have not noticed the problems with Dolphin browser but I am not a heavy user of the browser (only 10-15 mins at a time).

Old 08-22-2010, 10:47 PM   #13
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrel View Post
Also the right parentesus of the keyboard does not work.
It works, sjarrel, you just have to hit the key on the far left side. Hitting it in the middle or right side registers as the alt key. Very, very annoying. Hope they fix that soon.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:18 AM   #14
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaTrue View Post
It works, sjarrel, you just have to hit the key on the far left side. Hitting it in the middle or right side registers as the alt key. Very, very annoying. Hope they fix that soon.
Sorry, it still doesn't work. Hope the major upgrade will fix things soon.

Old 08-23-2010, 05:45 AM   #15
supermarkitos2004
Edge User

broken lines too, no problem with browser