Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 03-26-2008, 09:03 AM   #226
achickey
achickey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Harry Cheers - Been struggling to create, convert etc and finally your tutorial pointed me in the right direction.......also to solving the Comic conversion
achickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:23 AM   #227
antistar
Connoisseur
antistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: PRS-500, dr800sg, prs-950, MS SP3, Boox i86ML, Sony Z3TC, KV, Sony RP1
tried book designer but had no success. Can't find the option to make a lrf file and the help session didn't list lrf as a supported output format either. Can anyone help me here?

exasperated after 3 hours of trial><
antistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2008, 05:48 AM   #228
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you installed it correctly? You need to install BD4, and then extract the latest BD5 update on top of it, overwriting the files of BD4. You should then see a curly letter "a" on the toolbar - that's the "Make Sony Reader Book" option.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:57 AM   #229
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by antistar View Post
tried book designer but had no success. Can't find the option to make a lrf file and the help session didn't list lrf as a supported output format either. Can anyone help me here?

exasperated after 3 hours of trial><
Read the following thread on Book Designer

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11786

And the following thread on Book Cleaner

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11649
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:23 PM   #230
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
If anyone wants to access the actual documentation for Book Designer or visit their forum I thought I'd give you the links. I open them using Google translation (As the are in Russian). They also have a sticky up in the forum for English questions. The main forum is http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/ and Book Designer is listed about halfway down. The documentation is http://doc.the-ebook.org/BookDesigner/

I'll also post links thru Google translator for the documentation. Whether the URL generated for me will work for you is another matter. If not, just enter the above URL's into Google's search engine and click the translate button.

http://209.85.135.104/translate_c?hl...Den%26hs%3DH2C
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2008, 06:36 AM   #231
Johnmuzy
Johnmuzy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
I have been using BD for some time but wish to try pielrf for my Gutenberg books. I have downloaded the pielrf zip file, installed python, but cannot work out how to make pielrf work. I tried to install pielrf using the command line python setup.py install but get error messages - I found that omitting the "python" part allowed setup to work(?), but get syntax error if I enter pielrf.... into either the Dos or python command boxes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
John
Johnmuzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:00 PM   #232
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmuzy View Post
I have been using BD for some time but wish to try pielrf for my Gutenberg books. I have downloaded the pielrf zip file, installed python, but cannot work out how to make pielrf work. I tried to install pielrf using the command line python setup.py install but get error messages - I found that omitting the "python" part allowed setup to work(?), but get syntax error if I enter pielrf.... into either the Dos or python command boxes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
John
Hi John.

I suspect python isn't in your path on the DOS side. Assuming python installed in the default location, add the following two directories to your path:

C:\Python25\
C:\Python25\Scripts

The first will give you access to python.exe, the second to pielrf.

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #233
Amystei
Amystei began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Harry T, I wish to thank you for your fantastic tutorial. Your step by step instructions were great. I just finished creating my first lrf and it looks great! Thanks again.
Amystei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:04 PM   #234
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Hi, just completed my first .lrf using Book Designer and wanted to say a big thankyou to HarryT for his great step by step guide and also to JSWolf for his easy to follow guide to installing BD.

Just one bugbear though - I really could not get the BD software to insert a picture - just didn't seem to do anything. Sure it must be me doing something wrong , but any advice gratefully accepted please.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:13 PM   #235
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
The hints and tips in this thread just might be useful:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36908

Are you using the Insert menu, then selecting insert picture? (or pressing f5?)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:21 PM   #236
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I love the uploads section and wanted to contribute some titles that I'm particularly interested in reading. I have 18 that I've been preparing to convert and upload here. I've been reading Harry T's tutorial, have installed BD, and I've looked at what other people have been doing for indexing, TOC, fonts, cover art, etc. Today, I stumbled on ManyBooks.net and found 16 of the titles available there for free and in more formats than I could count. I know we just hit the 2000 mark a few weeks ago here but they have nearly 20,000. I'm guessing that site grew up after the MR uploads started. Still, can you tell me why it is beneficial to continue to build a separate set of files here? Is it for reasons of special formatting, correction of errors, or something else? If so, I will be more selective in choosing titles for conversion. I'm hoping I'm not asking a sensitive question. If so, just say so and I'll upload the files anyway (when I'm done).
Hi - I too have used manybooks.net a lot and they do seem to have a lot of books and pretty much all of them in .lrf format for my Sony PRS-505. However, having downloaded from both manybooks.net and this site, I would say that the quality of the conversions is much better here ('hand-crafted' as they say).
Old 03-25-2009, 05:22 PM   #237
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
The hints and tips in this thread just might be useful:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36908

Are you using the Insert menu, then selecting insert picture? (or pressing f5?)
Tried both.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:28 PM   #238
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Tried both.
HarryT also notes that just dragging and dropping into BD works.

What format are the pictures? And what size, approximately?
Old 03-25-2009, 07:07 PM   #239
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Really appreciate your help Patricia.

File was a JPEG and 6.71kb.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:29 PM   #240
Patricia
Reader

This is very mysterious. Jpeg is certainly a supported format.

This is what I'm doing:
1. I select Insert, then Insert Picture.
2. The graphics pane then opens. I drag and drop the picture into the picture slot.
3. Then I go to the align option. Usually I choose the middle option, which centres the picture in the text.
4. I also have a quick look at the size. The reader screen is 600 X 800 pixels, so there's no point in having a picture bigger than that. So I resize if necessary.
5. Finally, I press the insert button (the left-hand one). Then the picture should appear in the text.

Finally, when you actually make a Sony LRF book, in the make sony reader book pane, click on the options tab and choose a picture size.

Do describe what you are doing, Bilbo1967.