Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-07-2022, 04:03 AM   #1
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo: Forma + Libra|Galaxy: TAB A7 + Note 8 tablet|Boox: Note Air 2
Lightbulb Small suggestion re 'Match Book to Library'

Pls tell me the correct place to put this if this is wrong.

I have a suggestion for a tiny change that will nevertheless save a good chunk of effort if you have to re-assign several hundred books like I do.

Reproduce:
1. Show the books on your device to find a book that is not matching with a book you already have in your library

2. Right click > Match book to library

3. You now have to HIT SEARCH to find that book in the library

Is there really any need to have to hit search?
Could Calibre not 'virtually' hit the button for you and present a list?
It seems redundant to have to hit the button.

Of course, one would leave the search bar there, in case the book has a vastly different title. But in every case for me, it will find the book just by hitting the button.

I know its small - and it is. But v useful if you have hundreds

I was going to ask for a keyboard shortcut but I found you can do it via preferences > shortcuts (at bottom). Yay!

- Calibre is one of the most amazing pieces of software I've ever used !

Last edited by LivresInOz; 01-07-2022 at 04:10 AM.
LivresInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 09:57 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You dont need to hit search, you can just press enter. IIRC this is not done automatically because searching can be quite slow for large libraries so you have a chance to adjust the search expression before actually trigerring the search
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 10:07 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That said I have made it auto-trigger for small libraries (less than 8K books)
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote