Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-01-2018, 01:25 PM   #46
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
It is certainly true that it would be nice to have Code View keep level with Preview, but I think it's even nicer that as I page down through Code View, the Preview panel now moves along with it -- I needn't click on a line in Code View! (It also happens when I page UP.)

I may be wrong, but I don't think previous version of Sigil did that without being asked.

(Windows 7 Pro, 32-bit.)
Yes, that would be nice too. Perhaps we can have them both....?
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:16 AM   #47
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

Device: Sony
Thanks for another update - Sigil goes from strength to strength
CalibUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2018, 11:26 PM   #48
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm glad the panic is over.

For others...

We will restore the feature. But there is no urgency. It's quite trivial to downgrade to Sigil 0.9.9 in the meantime. Just uninstall Sigil and install the older version to downgrade. It's that simple.
But ... but ... then there would be no custom icons!

Just kidding Thanks again for all your work!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:35 AM   #49
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Or try keeping various PORTABLE versions around, and use whichever one suits the task at hand.

I know the portable version from PortableApps.com is not officially sanctioned by Kevin, DiapD, et al, but I have been doing this for a long time with no problems yet.

Have I just been lucky?
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 06:24 AM   #50
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
I know the portable version from PortableApps.com is not officially sanctioned by Kevin, DiapD, et al, but I have been doing this for a long time with no problems yet.

Have I just been lucky?
Some of the changes I've made to Sigil are so PortableApps can do what they do more easily/efficiently. I have no beef with them, nor do I think their versions of Sigil are particularly risky. It's just that when an issue does arise, I don't want to waste a lot of time trouble-shooting and investigating it BEFORE finding out it's not the official version of Sigil. If it can't be reproduced with the official release, I ain't interested in the bug.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2018, 06:36 AM   #51
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Fair enough. That's why, when I have had the rare buggy behavior, I have always made sure I can reproduce it in the installed version.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:54 AM   #52
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
Fair enough. That's why, when I have had the rare buggy behavior, I have always made sure I can reproduce it in the installed version.
Thanks!
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 12:05 PM   #53
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
Interesting that different people use Sigil in different ways. It's just me who found that change a showstopper?
Well, the question is becoming moot, what with the plans for accommodating both in one way or another, but since you asked, for me, it was a reason to not upgrade in the first place. I use the preview in lieu of book view, and do a lot of switching back and forth by clicking on a line in one or the other. OTOH I hardly ever need to open hyperlinks that way.

I'll be content to wait and see what develops.

Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:04 PM   #54
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
A hopeful "fix" for this already exists in master on github. It just needs testing. So if you build from source on MacOSX, Linux, or Windows, we would appreciate hearing back if the "fix" works and allows both syncing from Preview to CodeView by clicking and links in Preview to work.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 06:03 PM   #55
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
A hopeful "fix" for this already exists in master on github. It just needs testing. So if you build from source on MacOSX, Linux, or Windows, we would appreciate hearing back if the "fix" works and allows both syncing from Preview to CodeView by clicking and links in Preview to work.
Build on Windows 10.
I confirm that both works (syncing and links are clickable in Preview; it works great for TOC, footnotes and other links).

I did not notice anything alarming.
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:08 PM   #56
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
Build on Windows 10.
I confirm that both works (syncing and links are clickable in Preview; it works great for TOC, footnotes and other links).

I did not notice anything alarming.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:38 PM   #57
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
I just went to log in to Sigil and got the news that 9.10 is out. I currently have 9.8. Is 9.10 for beta testers only? (Although not a total washout, I'm decidedly non-techie.) Maybe I should just upgrade to 9.9? And last thing would be how to get an upgrade for Xubuntu 16.04LTS on a 64 bit computer? Thanks.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:49 AM   #58
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
9.10 is the most current released version - not beta.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 10:38 AM   #59
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
I just went to log in to Sigil and got the news that 9.10 is out. I currently have 9.8. Is 9.10 for beta testers only? (Although not a total washout, I'm decidedly non-techie.) Maybe I should just upgrade to 9.9? And last thing would be how to get an upgrade for Xubuntu 16.04LTS on a 64 bit computer? Thanks.
It's a fine and robust release, with the welcome addition of clickable urls in the Preview panel. (For that advance, you do lose the ability to sync Code View by clicking on a word in Preview panel, but I gather that's only a temporary loss.)

Can't help you with Xubuntu.

I don't like the release number. To me, 9.10 = 9.1 and is therefore streets behind 9.9.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 10:48 AM   #60
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
I don't like the release number. To me, 9.10 = 9.1 and is therefore streets behind 9.9.
lolz...you must be a mathematician type rather than a software type. The next release will likely be .9.11, then .9.12 which makes perfect sense from a versioning notation perspective.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote