Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-01-2018, 08:00 PM   #136
byzkarl
byzkarl began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
My experience with page turn glitches, n=1. Your mileage may vary.

I was having issues where I would press the button and the page wouldn't turn. If I pressed it again, it would be two pages past where I was. This happened occasionally, but enough to bother me. I had a suspicion that it might have something to do with hitting the button when the clock was updating.

So, I turned the clock off, and the problem went away. I haven't had it happen since.
byzkarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:30 PM   #137
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by byzkarl View Post
My experience with page turn glitches, n=1. Your mileage may vary.

I was having issues where I would press the button and the page wouldn't turn. If I pressed it again, it would be two pages past where I was. This happened occasionally, but enough to bother me. I had a suspicion that it might have something to do with hitting the button when the clock was updating.

So, I turned the clock off, and the problem went away. I haven't had it happen since.
I had the same problem and made the same deduction, and my problem went away, too, when I turned the clock off. Not that the page doesn't fail to turn occasionally when you press the button, but the two-page effect went away. Too bad, because I liked having the clock there.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2018, 05:08 AM   #138
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Same problem for me, same solution
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:21 PM   #139
Sonicboom
Enthusiast
Sonicboom began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 2
Hi!
After last update my Oasis2 got slower :/. Turning page is fast as it was, but vocabulary "menu" is slow. Really awkward :/
Sonicboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:51 AM   #140
Georgie W
Connoisseur
Georgie W began at the beginning.

Device: KT4 5.13.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblox View Post
Yes all mine is sideloaded too and all folders are empty.
I've been getting ths problem too - since the latest update (5.9.4), a new (empty) file folder is created for every book I've opened and read on the Kindle. All my books are sent to the Kindle via Calibre (not downloaded from Amazon). Is there any way of stopping this from happening?
Georgie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert