Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-03-2017, 08:51 PM   #1
swellanddecay
swellanddecay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1
Trouble with custom fonts

Hey all

Trying to get the Dyslexie font to work on my PW1 kindle and am running into trouble. I've jailbroken, installed KUAL, updated the python, installed the font hack , but am having no luck.

I've downloaded the .ttf font file I want, and put it into the linkfonts/fonts folder, but when I Update fontconfig cache through KUAL the new font never shows up under the menu. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? The whole point of me jailbreaking was to get custom fonts, and this seems to be turning into a can of worms.

Any help is much appreciated!
swellanddecay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:41 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You need to run "Font Overrides" > "Populate this menu" for it to pop up in said menu, too .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2017, 11:59 PM   #3
swellanddecay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
You need to run "Font Overrides" > "Populate this menu" for it to pop up in said menu, too .
Hm, just tried that and not seeing the new font either. Any other ideas?
Old 12-04-2017, 08:13 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by swellanddecay View Post
Hm, just tried that and not seeing the new font either. Any other ideas?
restart the device
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:45 AM   #5
swellanddecay

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
restart the device
Tried that, and now the font's working, but is being selected for Caecilia, Helvetica, and Caecilia Condensed (being that when I select those fonts, I get Dyslexie instead of the labelled font). I guess that's functional, but now I've lost half of my fonts to gain one new font, and the new font's still not showing as its own option under the fonts list

I was messing around with the options, and playing with I think font overrides. Maybe that's what's causing this? Anyway to reset settings and get this new font to show up in the menu?
Advert
Old 12-04-2017, 11:07 AM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Because someone just reminded me of something in the fonts hack, which FW version are you running?

But yes, you definitely set a few too many font overrides to experience such behavior .
There's a "Default" button for each family to restore the default behavior.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:25 PM   #7
swellanddecay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Because someone just reminded me of something in the fonts hack, which FW version are you running?

But yes, you definitely set a few too many font overrides to experience such behavior .
There's a "Default" button for each family to restore the default behavior.
Does FW stand for firmware? I'm on 5.6.1.1, which is the most up to date version that can run on the PW1