Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-16-2018, 10:40 PM   #376
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoim View Post
My Kindle Oasis 2 is working fine with the 5.9.7 update, loses 1-2% battery per day which is normal. I got used to this, it is 1% battery loss in my Voyage.

Maybe you should try to reset your device hope this would fix this issue.

I AM SO MAD AT AMAZON I CAN SCREAM!!!

I am loosing 10% battery life overnight. And that is with the screen shut off. Today my battery went from 100% to 57% and I only read for 30 minutes. Thats 43% loss in like 10 hours! I can not get deliveries at my address. 100% of packages Amazon sends me gets stolen for their drivers just dump packages outside the office building 3 blocks away. I live in the inner city so any homeless person can just steal it so I asked to be sent to amazon locker where I can drive to whole foods and pick it up. they said no. I told them to forget it. I know the delivery will not reach me. After evry package ( 9 in a row) get lost/stolen I have no faith in getting this o me safely so i said forget it. I just have to live with a crap device I paid $300 for

I reset it made no difference
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 11:55 PM   #377
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post

I am loosing 10% battery life overnight. And that is with the screen shut off. Today my battery went from 100% to 57% and I only read for 30 minutes. Thats 43% loss in like 10 hours! ...
The only time I've ever had anything like this happen on a Kindle is when it is indexing a difficult book or several of them at once. Have you done the the search trick to see if there is a particular book that your Kindle is trying to index?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2018, 01:06 AM   #378
petrovich
Connoisseur
petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: none
Well, while there's still no charging case for KO2, I'm planning to try just some tape–attached slim and light power bank. The challenge is just to find the most light, slim and narrow one, something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z24G06M..._t1_B07CTH5T15
or this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A3KN1WV8PHMYU5
petrovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:17 AM   #379
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrovich View Post
Well, while there's still no charging case for KO2, I'm planning to try just some tape–attached slim and light power bank. The challenge is just to find the most light, slim and narrow one, something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z24G06M..._t1_B07CTH5T15
or this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A3KN1WV8PHMYU5
I wouldn't worry about permanently attaching a powerbank. Just carry one with you, and charge as needed (won't take long) if you are away from civilization.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:08 AM   #380
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
The only time I've ever had anything like this happen on a Kindle is when it is indexing a difficult book or several of them at once. Have you done the the search trick to see if there is a particular book that your Kindle is trying to index?
Yep. Comes up nothing.
Advert
Old 08-17-2018, 10:01 AM   #381
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I wouldn't worry about permanently attaching a powerbank. Just carry one with you, and charge as needed (won't take long) if you are away from civilization.
Powerbanks are a great suggestion, I just got one myself for when I am traveling and out in the the world all day. However, I do not think this is a good suggestion for Kcladyz as I think she clearly has a lemon. Her shipping and delivery problem is a obstacle to be sure. I am not sure if she had done this but I would make a major complaint through CS, ask to speak to manager or something to get resolution.

I do not know why they would not ship to an Amazon locker, thank is weird. My daughter lives in a complex with same problem of delivery people placing it outside her door and the packages disappear. I told her about Amazon locker and that is what she uses and when I send care packages to her.

Their inability to work to resolve really bothers me as I have been a long time customer and fan of Amazon since they have easily resolved the few issues I have had over the years.
TheSmitty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:39 AM   #382
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmitty View Post
Powerbanks are a great suggestion, I just got one myself for when I am traveling and out in the the world all day. However, I do not think this is a good suggestion for Kcladyz as I think she clearly has a lemon. Her shipping and delivery problem is a obstacle to be sure. I am not sure if she had done this but I would make a major complaint through CS, ask to speak to manager or something to get resolution.

I do not know why they would not ship to an Amazon locker, thank is weird. My daughter lives in a complex with same problem of delivery people placing it outside her door and the packages disappear. I told her about Amazon locker and that is what she uses and when I send care packages to her.

Their inability to work to resolve really bothers me as I have been a long time customer and fan of Amazon since they have easily resolved the few issues I have had over the years.
First they wanted me to mail my device in without shipping me a new one.
Then I changed their mind.

I live in a 3 building high rise so instead of coming to my building to deliver they go to the office 3 blocks away. Every single time they dump it outside the office building even if the office is open. I live in the inner city next to a park. Homeless people everywhere. Packages get snatched. Basically as soon as I get deliver confirm I have to run like mad 3 blocks to find my package tossed somewhere. If I’m not home at the time of delivery then I’m out of luck most of the time. I asked for at least a signature required delivery or to Amazon locker and they refused. I don’t know why. Also they have a warehouse here it would be nice to pick up direct like you now can with ups and fedex. If they used ups or fedex then I can pick up at a shipping center but here amazon uses DHL which is the worst delivery company on earth
Old 08-17-2018, 10:47 AM   #383
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
I live in the inner city so any homeless person can just steal it
I live in the inner city so any person can just steal it
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:02 PM   #384
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
I live in the inner city so any person can just steal it
Well, no. You do not live here so you do not know my neighborhood.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:54 PM   #385
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
I live in a 3 building high rise so instead of coming to my building to deliver they go to the office 3 blocks away.
Is it possible to have it sent to a friend, who could then mail it to you? (I'm guessing mail delivery is safe.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:17 PM   #386
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
new Oasis battery life

Quote:

I am loosing 10% battery life overnight. And that is with the screen shut off. Today my battery went from 100% to 57% and I only read for 30 minutes. Thats 43% loss in like 10 hours! I can not get deliveries at my address. 100% of packages Amazon sends me gets stolen for their drivers just dump packages outside the office building 3 blocks away. I live in the inner city so any homeless person can just steal it so I asked to be sent to amazon locker where I can drive to whole foods and pick it up. they said no. I told them to forget it. I know the delivery will not reach me. After evry package ( 9 in a row) get lost/stolen I have no faith in getting this o me safely so i said forget it. I just have to live with a crap device I paid $300 for

I reset it made no difference

I think I would consider a return. Better than living with a defective device.

I agree it is too bad Amazon won't send to a locker. Some of my family requested that solution for Xmas gifts as they also had package theft issues in their neighborhoods. Worked well, except when they put items on their Xmas list that were too large to be delivered to a locker....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by graycyn; 08-17-2018 at 03:24 PM.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:25 PM   #387
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well, no. You do not live here so you do not know my neighborhood.
I don't have to. You are implying that every homeless person is stealing and a criminal. That simply is not true. Not even in your neighborhood.

But back on topic, loosing 10 % battery life in just one day points to a faulty device. If Amazone won't sent a replacement to the locker, I would try to complain per CS and speak with a superior manager, just as TheSmitty suggested.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:01 PM   #388
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
I don't have to. You are implying that every homeless person is stealing and a criminal. That simply is not true. Not even in your neighborhood.
Not really...what kcladyz post implies is that if/when the package is stolen it would be stolen by a homeless person--that it wouldn't be stolen by someone with a home. Her statement is inaccurate in that people with homes (in any neighborhood) are also capable of stealing a package.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 03:12 AM   #389
trekk
Terraner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Her statement is inaccurate in that people with homes (in any neighborhood) are also capable of stealing a package.
I agree with that. More importantly my point was that anyone is capable of stealing a package. So the criminal is the one who steals, not the one who is homeless per se.
Old 08-18-2018, 03:01 PM   #390
HLS
Wizard

Jesus people. Give it a rest.

Tags
battery life, koa2