Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-06-2016, 03:40 PM   #1
Colc
Enthusiast
Colc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Email to Kindle Paperwhite fail

I have been using Calibre without any hassles for the last 12 months, however today I converted a Bolinda epub book to mobi, emailed it to my Paperwhite but it did not arrive, tried a couple of times with the same result, WiFi connection is OK.
I successfully downloaded a book from Amazon, could they be blocking my downloads?
Not sure if my problem is with Calibre or Amazon, any suggestions as to how to isolate the problem?

Last edited by Colc; 08-06-2016 at 04:12 PM.
Colc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:07 AM   #2
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: none
Quote:
any suggestions as to how to isolate the problem
I doubt it's a Calibre problem.

Save the book to disc and send it manually to your Kindle e-mail. See if this works.

Also, check the size of the file: it may be too large.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2016, 12:04 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Use the Test button on Preferences: Sharing by email
to see if it passes (connectivity)
Pass + It ain't a Calibre problem
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:06 PM   #4
Colc
Enthusiast
Colc began at the beginning.

Thanks for replies, It may not be a Calibre problem, however books purchased from Amazon download as usual, but after all this time, books sourced from Bolinda or Axis suddenly do not, is it likely that Amazon have blocked the email transfer of Calibre converted books in this case? or is there a possibility that I have inadvertently changed some settings, that were defaulted to during setup. I have the current version installed.
I have been able to copy and paste or save to disc.
Email test functioned normally.

Last edited by Colc; 08-07-2016 at 11:23 PM.
Colc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:42 AM   #5
ramyaarthi
ramyaarthi began at the beginning.

Email to kindle fails but getting a success message in calibre

Even I am faced with the same kind of problem.

I even get a success message but the book never reaches the cloud.

If I send from my gmail directly I am able to see it in the cloud. But with calibre, i was not able to.It was working perfectly but all of a sudden without any change I am facing this problem.

Can someone please let me know of any possible problems

ramyaarthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2016, 10:22 AM   #6
Lord Chippers
Lord Chippers began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7th Gen
Fail Also

I have the same problem. Not been able to send any docs to my Kindle Paperwhite. I thought initially it may be because I changed my Amazon login email address, but cannot see any options on the Kindle to fix that. So I deactivated and reactivated it. No change.

Then I tried sending a Mobi file direct from my Outlook address to my Kindle address and BANG it arrives almost instantly. So I can only now presume it is a fault somewhere within Calibre.

The last file sent from Calibre was on the 1st August and I think around that time there was an update. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Calibre twice with no luck, so as it stands I cannot send books/docs to m,y Kindle via Calibe. v Annoying.

Is there anywhere to get older builds of Caibre to test?
Lord Chippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:43 AM   #7
Lord Chippers

Update

Just tried two older versions of Calibre, the 2nd on another PC and still no joy. I can only presume it's a problem between Calibre and Kindle. Perhaps the Kindle mailserver has blocked mails originating from Calibre somehow?
Old 08-08-2016, 10:47 AM   #8
higgs
Connoisseur
higgs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicing

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kindle PW3
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-using-calibre
higgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:16 AM   #9
Lord Chippers

Thanks

A GMX account seems to have solved it, many thanks. Not sure why I've had to do this though after years of using my previous email, but times change I guess.
Thanks again.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:51 AM   #10
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Similar problem. I sent a book and I confirmed that it is in Amazon's download queue, but it isn't sending to my Kindle.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:22 AM   #11
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
I'm experiencing the same thing. Tested my email through preferences and it says it is working. Amazon must have changed something on their end. Really inconvenient, that was a feature I used almost daily.

Poked around my Amazon account and found this notice in my Cloud drive:

Notice from Amazon Cloud Drive About Send to Kindle
Hello,
Starting on April 14, 2016, personal documents sent to your registered Fire tablets, Kindle e-readers, and Kindle reading apps using Send to Kindle will no longer be automatically added to your Amazon Cloud Drive account. While Send to Kindle services will continue to deliver your documents to your registered Fire tablets, Kindle e-readers, and Kindle reading apps, it will now archive your documents only to your Kindle Library.

You’ll still be able to read your existing personal documents on your registered Fire tablets, Kindle e-readers, and Kindle reading apps and all of your currently stored personal documents that are in your Cloud Drive will remain there. However, any changes you make to personal documents currently stored in your Cloud Drive will only be reflected in your Amazon Cloud Drive and in the corresponding documents on supported Fire tablets, which are visible in the Docs tab. They will not be reflected in the Manage Your Content and Devices page and any documents delivered from there.

Wonder if this is related to the trouble we're having?

Last edited by JaneD; 08-10-2016 at 01:46 AM.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:09 PM   #12
OnMyKindle
OnMyKindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD7
I'm having the same problem on my Kindle Fire HD7. The Send to Email function was working fine last week using a different computer. I installed Calibre on a different computer and tried to send a book to email and it didn't work. The test email I sent from Gmail worked fine and I tried GMX email with no luck. Uninstalled Calibre and reinstalled it, tried again and it still didn't work. I tried this with several different books and they do not appear in the Docs tab.
OnMyKindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:24 PM   #13
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Tested further sending from different authorized email accounts with different books. Still no joy (though oddly, only one of the books shows in the Kindle download queue on Amazon's site).
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:00 PM   #14
OnMyKindle
OnMyKindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD7
I just discovered I can no longer send books to my Gmail account like I did before. I used to do this before I got the hang of the document archiving feature through Amazon. If I couldn't fit all of the books that I wanted to read on my Kindle; I'd just send the converted books to my secondary email account to download when I was ready to read them. Also checked GMX mail and this doesn't work either. Test emails show as sent, but they didn't show up in any of my email accounts.

It's just really weird that I started having problems after I moved my library to a different PC and installed the updated Calibre. I guess I should not have uninstalled Calibre on the other computer before trying it out on the new laptop.

I'm starting to wonder if this is actually a problem with Amazon's servers.
OnMyKindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:42 PM   #15
adoresReading
adoresReading , Klaatu Barada Niktu!adoresReading , Klaatu Barada Niktu!adoresReading , Klaatu Barada Niktu!adoresReading , Klaatu Barada Niktu!adoresReading , Klaatu Barada Niktu!adoresReading , Klaatu Barada Niktu!adoresReading , Klaatu Barada Niktu!adoresReading , Klaatu Barada Niktu!adoresReading , Klaatu Barada Niktu!adoresReading , Klaatu Barada Niktu!adoresReading , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I think I figured it out! This is what worked for me (using Calibre and gmail):

In Calibre go to "Preferences" > "Sharing books by email" :

In the "Send email from box:" make sure your entire gmail address is appearing

In the Mail Server section, fill in the following:

Hostname: smtp.gmail.com Port: 465
Username: (place your entire gmail address here)
Password: (place your gmail's password here)
Encryption: (pick SSL)

(Interestingly, these options were blank when I went in to do the above. Not sure why they were blank as I know I filled them in a few years ago. So somehow, they got "blanked out" recently.)

Secondly, you WILL have to set your gmail account settings to "Allow access for less secure apps". See this link: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255 read if you want (I wanted to which is why I added this link first) and the you will find a link to access your account settings there. Or if you don't care about the first link, you can go directly to the applicable account setting here: https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps (make sure "Turn on" is selected).

That's it! You can now use your gmail again if you changed the above settings in Calibre and the one setting in your gmail account. Fingers and toes crossed for anyone in this situation. It worked for me and it worked for my father who also suddenly became afflicted with this error. And he lives hundreds of miles from me.
adoresReading is offline   Reply With Quote