Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-27-2017, 08:08 PM   #1
rguion
Zealot
rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
New Kindle Oasis button glitch

Anyone having a problem with the buttons on the new Oasis not working at times? It has happened to me twice. Both just stopped working to advance the page or go back. Touching the screen works fine. To get the buttons working I had to restart the device both times.

Another glitch I have seen: the circle "updating" icon on the upper left, sometimes that always says "updating" with a semicircle (not closed) and never goes away.
rguion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:17 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Contact Amazon Customer Service then ask for Tech support..
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:39 PM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rguion View Post
Anyone having a problem with the buttons on the new Oasis not working at times? It has happened to me twice. Both just stopped working to advance the page or go back. Touching the screen works fine. To get the buttons working I had to restart the device both times.

Another glitch I have seen: the circle "updating" icon on the upper left, sometimes that always says "updating" with a semicircle (not closed) and never goes away.
No. Sometimes a button doesn't respond the first time, but has always responded when I repeat the click. So far, at least...

As for the circle glitch, do you have WiFi on? Mine is always in the airplane mode and I haven't noticed that problem.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:40 PM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
So far, I've had the buttons stop working once. I looked up a word, then opened the dictionary because the definition was one of those "non-definitions" that used a variant of the word as the definition (something like "gregariousness: the act of being gregarious").

This was the first time I actually opened the dictionary in an Amazon reader, and if I remember correctly, I couldn't figure out how to get back to the book. I ended up pressing home and re-entering the book that way.

I wondered if it was a glitch because I didn't close the dictionary. It hasn't happened again (yet), but I haven't had a need to open the dictionary, either. So I haven't really tested whether it really was an issue with exiting out of the dictionary without closing it.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:44 PM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
So far, I've had the buttons stop working once. I looked up a word, then opened the dictionary because the definition was one of those "non-definitions" that used a variant of the word as the definition (something like "gregariousness: the act of being gregarious").

This was the first time I actually opened the dictionary in an Amazon reader, and if I remember correctly, I couldn't figure out how to get back to the book. I ended up pressing home and re-entering the book that way.

I wondered if it was a glitch because I didn't close the dictionary. It hasn't happened again (yet), but I haven't had a need to open the dictionary, either. So I haven't really tested whether it really was an issue with exiting out of the dictionary without closing it.
Don't think it's the dictionary. I have opened the dictionary several times and I'm almost certain I've gone to the home page at least once or twice from there (usually I just go back). The buttons still respond.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:32 PM   #6
rguion
Zealot
rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
As for the circle glitch, do you have WiFi on? Mine is always in the airplane mode and I haven't noticed that problem.
Yes, I have the WiFi on all the time. The last time the circle glitch occurred, I was sharing a quote on GoodReads and then it got stuck in that mode. The quote did get published on GoodReads correctly.

Last edited by rguion; 11-27-2017 at 11:38 PM.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:02 AM   #7
jmmcg9
Zealot
jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, iPad Pro (12.9”), iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Mini 5, Forma
I have experienced glitches with the forward button (top default position). I ignored it assuming that I probably didn’t press hard enough.
At the same time I was annoyed with the default top button as the page forward. So I switched “forward” to the bottom position. I haven’t had any glitches since. So it is possible my top button may have been defective, but now I don’t care!
Cheers, Joe
jmmcg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:23 AM   #8
rguion
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmcg9 View Post
I have experienced glitches with the forward button (top default position). I ignored it assuming that I probably didn’t press hard enough.
At the same time I was annoyed with the default top button as the page forward. So I switched “forward” to the bottom position. I haven’t had any glitches since. So it is possible my top button may have been defective, but now I don’t care!
Cheers, Joe
I switched the button functions too. Both of the buttons stopped working though.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:57 AM   #9
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
No. Sometimes a button doesn't respond the first time, but has always responded when I repeat the click. So far, at least...

I have seen this where an initial button press does not turn the page. I always thought this was due to not pressing hard enough. Second press always works. So far anyway.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:08 AM   #10
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I have had a couple of times where the button didn't work and had to use touch. But I had the same issue with the Voyage and the old Oasis on occasion. So rare that its nothing really. I guess it was doing something else at the time.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:47 AM   #11
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I have noticed that sometimes the buttons don't work.

I have also had the updating circle glitch. I don't know what activity it froze on initially. It was behaving normally. Just had the semicircle not go away. I did a restart, and it hasn't happened again.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:54 AM   #12
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:

Yes I got the same 'problem'. No biggie - they will probably fix it.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:58 PM   #13
rguion
Zealot

Happened again! Same scenario, after sharing a quote to Goodreads & Twitter. Restart fixed. Will call for support at some point.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:28 PM   #14
ellenoc
Author
ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I have had a couple of times where the button didn't work and had to use touch. But I had the same issue with the Voyage and the old Oasis on occasion. So rare that its nothing really. I guess it was doing something else at the time.
This has been my experience too (also on Voyage and O1). The button stops working. I use touch once, and the button then works again. It's only happened once so far with the O2, which I've had for several weeks now.
ellenoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:52 PM   #15
violent23
Connoisseur
violent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enoughviolent23 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Oasis 2017, Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Keyboard
With nowhere to report this bug and the last update in February not fixing it, this is getting old. It still happens to me at least once a night. It's the entire reason I purchased this Kindle. For as much as this thing cost there is no excuse for it to still be an issue 4 months after release. Also, where are the freaking first party covers already. 4 months and they haven't made any new ones with stronger magnets, what the hell?
violent23 is offline   Reply With Quote