Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 07-03-2023, 06:04 PM   #1
chongjasmine
Connoisseur
chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Meebook m6

Thinking of buying it next year. A few questions, though, first.

Does it support custom font? If so, how do you install the custom font?

How long is the battery life?

Does it have a micro-sd slot?

Does it support kindle app? Can the kindle app install custom font as well?

Also, can it sort ebooks by folder?

Thanks.

Last edited by chongjasmine; 07-05-2023 at 10:48 AM.
chongjasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 03:57 PM   #2
pekkawaltari
pekkawaltari began at the beginning.

Device: Meebook M6
Quote:
Does it support custom font? If so, how do you install the custom font?
There is a option for uploading fonts in the settings. But I did not try it because I am satisfied with the default font. It comes with only one font.

Quote:
How long is the battery life?
I read about one to two hours a day, mostly with backlight on and the battery holds about two weeks. The only thing that is annoying about the battery is the battery status indicator. When it goes down to 25% you better charge your device or else it might poweroff any time. I never got the status indicator down to less than 20%.

Quote:
Does it have a micro-sd slot?
Yes

Quote:
Does it support kindle app? Can the kindle app install custom font as well?
The Kindle App works quite fine. Again I did not try other fonts.
pekkawaltari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2023, 10:02 AM   #3
Nightflyer
Connoisseur
Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M6, Kobo Clara HD
I’m considering Meebook M6 to replace my Kobo Clara HD.

My main concerns are
- Google Play Books app compatibility i.e. will all books in account, included my own books added to account, should show up on Meebook?
- Ability to use without computer i.e. everything done via wifi except charging?
- Screen clarity and reflectivity?
- Brightness?
Nightflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 02:29 PM   #4
olderTechnology
olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I own a Likebook P78 and a Kindle Paperwhite. I would never consider Likebook/Meebook to replace a dedicated ereader. Too buggy. But, I do use it at times with KOReader. It's functional.
olderTechnology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 02:55 AM   #5
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by olderTechnology View Post
Too buggy. But, I do use it at times with KOReader.
Nothing surprises me - I find KOReader as a craft solution.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2023, 08:09 AM   #6
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
Quote:
Originally Posted by olderTechnology View Post
I own a Likebook P78 and a Kindle Paperwhite. I would never consider Likebook/Meebook to replace a dedicated ereader. Too buggy. But, I do use it at times with KOReader. It's functional.
Even though I use Kobo devices these days I still have my Likebook Ares and it never was buggy. 3 years and still working very good.

Sent from my 22081212UG using Tapatalk
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 10:35 AM   #7
Nightflyer
Connoisseur
Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Purchased M6 recently. Current System Version MEEBOOK-V1.5.2-2023081616

Works quite nice. Faster and more flexible than my Kobo Clara HD.

By the way, Boyue and Likebook are gone. They have formed a new company using the name Meebook.

Last edited by Nightflyer; 08-24-2023 at 10:39 AM.
Old 09-04-2023, 05:06 AM   #8
Nightflyer
Connoisseur

Cracked my M6 screen. Slightly shattered at corner with 1 crack crossing entire screen at top. Dropped from table height with no cover or case.

Everything still works as normal. Not very noticeable.
Old 09-07-2023, 02:11 AM   #9
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
Cracked my M6 screen. Slightly shattered at corner with 1 crack crossing entire screen at top. Dropped from table height with no cover or case.

Everything still works as normal. Not very noticeable.
Kindles are unbreakable in my experience. Kobo are very resilient too. Kids...

Sent from my 22081212UG using Tapatalk
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 06:06 AM   #10
Nightflyer
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jospalau View Post
Kindles are unbreakable in my experience. Kobo are very resilient too. Kids...
Yeah, my Kobo Clara HD lasted 3 years with the Kobo official case through all kinds of harassment. Recently think I over-flexed it when outside the case creating some lines…

Kids will be kids…

Last edited by Nightflyer; 09-15-2023 at 06:10 AM.
Old 09-25-2023, 01:32 AM   #11
Nightflyer
Connoisseur

Meebook M6 updated today. New version: MEEBOOK-V1.5.3-2023092110. Size: 22.22 MB
Old 09-29-2023, 03:59 AM   #12
jayrtom
jayrtom is a splendid one to beholdjayrtom is a splendid one to beholdjayrtom is a splendid one to beholdjayrtom is a splendid one to beholdjayrtom is a splendid one to beholdjayrtom is a splendid one to beholdjayrtom is a splendid one to beholdjayrtom is a splendid one to beholdjayrtom is a splendid one to beholdjayrtom is a splendid one to beholdjayrtom is a splendid one to behold

Device: meebook m7
I just got my meebook M6 and am extremely pleased with it. Very beatiful and well built. I heard complaints on amazon about it being bad built with click sounds when touching it but I didn't notice nothing of the sorts. Theres not even that efect of touching in some places and it going back. Its very pleasing to hold, and I love it

Software wise it does what I want it to do very well. I instaled Kindle app, kobo app and another specific sodtware that I need and all goes well - Nothing to complain

Didn't try the browser or youtube or any other thing that already use my smartphone for (why would I want to watch videos on an eink device?!!)

This is an ereader with the bonus of having Android and the possibility of instaling any reading software that I want...
jayrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 08:07 AM   #13
Nightflyer
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrtom View Post
I just got my meebook M6 and am extremely pleased with it. Very beatiful and well built. I heard complaints on amazon about it being bad built with click sounds when touching it but I didn't notice nothing of the sorts. Theres not even that efect of touching in some places and it going back. Its very pleasing to hold, and I love it
Comments about click sounds or accidentally pressing bottom of screen and causing device actions like pages to turn or screen to change are erroneous.

There is actually a “Return” button center bottom of screen under the “Meebook” label that can be turned on or off. People think it’s a problem with the device until/unless they realize there is a button under panel.

Turn “Return” button on/off via User Settings>Device Settings>Return Button toggle on/off.

Button default might be “On” but I turned it off. Not really needed for my use for book-reading only. I don’t surf net or use other apps.

I’m still loving my Meebook M6 including the build quality which is very solid.

Last edited by Nightflyer; 10-02-2023 at 08:30 AM.